P1000 PK-3 Full Skids

P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
For those of you that have installed aftermarket full skids, let's here what brand you decided on. I'm just a putter and don't crawl over boulders but do travel quite a bit on north east Cali and western Nevada two tracks that can get a little nasty at times.

Thanks

Reactions: Lochsa88
S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
I'm talking to Ricochet about a set. They haven't gotten a '22 in long enough to measure because Honda made changes from the previous models with relation to mounting. They're supposed to call when they're ready. I know several different people having these who swear by them. They also have skids which you can apply a polymer skin over the aluminum which allows for smother rock interaction and hopefully less damage to the structure. We ride in Appalachia where there's lots of rocks, mud and ruts this time of year. The rocks do stay year round :)

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Where have I seen this title before In the search 🤔 nah cant be! 🥳

Ok, will do this one more time….. 🤣
SATV skids. If u Give @SuperATV a PM christmas jingle, he will give u a NTC 5 finger discount. I have a set and they are quite nice and

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have SuperATV and love it. It was one of the longest installation time mods I have done. 2nd to my battery/stereo install. I did not use the self tapping screws that come with the skid. I installed nutserts instead.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yup SATV is what I have, best price I found for great protection.

Reactions: SuperATV and EMAW
Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went with Trail Armor and when I asked about being a member of Honda SXS they gave me an extra 10% off, either one you go with @SuperATV or Trail Armor will be a HUGE improvement over that G string Honda uses. Good luck and remember…
Pics Or It Didn’t Happen

Reactions: SuperATV and CID
P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Where have I seen this title before In the search 🤔 nah cant be! 🥳

Ok, will do this one more time….. 🤣
SATV skids. If u Give @SuperATV a PM christmas jingle, he will give u a NTC 5 finger discount. I have a set and they are quite nice and
Oh, iv'e done plenty of searching on skids and just wanted to give you guys something to do this morning while sipping on a cup of coffee. LOL

P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I went with Trail Armor and when I asked about being a member of Honda SXS they gave me an extra 10% off, either one you go with @SuperATV or Trail Armor will be a HUGE improvement over that G string Honda uses. Good luck and remember…
Pics Or It Didn’t Happen
Yes, iv'e completed "sorta" quite a few add ons and mods and have been really slacking on the pics I know you guys like to see.

• Sad
Reactions: Smitty335 and CID
P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
SATV full skid seems to be a popular choice and being a sponsor a guy could save a little $$$. I'm a big fan of the rivet nut fasteners and would definitely spend the extra time install them vs self tappers....

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Oh, iv'e done plenty of searching on skids and just wanted to give you guys something to do this morning while sipping on a cup of coffee. LOL
I figured u did. Just giving u $hit 🤣 🥳

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335 and CID
Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just installed a satv skid myself, once I got past the need to drill a bunch of self tappers in the frame it looks great!

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
SATV full skid seems to be a popular choice and being a sponsor a guy could save a little $$$. I'm a big fan of the rivet nut fasteners and would definitely spend the extra time install them vs self tappers....

Just installed a satv skid myself, once I got past the need to drill a bunch of self tappers in the frame it looks great!
I hated the idea of self tappers into the thin frame tubes but at almost 9k miles I haven't had any problems. I'll use rivnuts or weldnuts for any that might eventually strip out. I used a 1/4" ratchet and carefully tightened each fastener, not a 1/2" impact gun set at 300 ft. lbs. :oops: fwiw: Talon and Trail Armor.

Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For those of you that have installed aftermarket full skids, let's here what brand you decided on. I'm just a putter and don't crawl over boulders but do travel quite a bit on north east Cali and western Nevada two tracks that can get a little nasty at times.

Thanks

If you’re interested, I just switched to arched a-arms and my Ricochet a-arm guards don’t fit so I have a front/ rear set that I no longer need. If you’re interested shoot me a PM and we can come up with a deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Pics Or It Didn’t Happen
I thought you were good with the G string on Thursdays? Slide them over some rocks and hope it tears them off?

thashane

thashane

Lifetime Member
Oct 19, 2020
norCa
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
factory utv, they're out of SAC. mostly chose for the way the center piece is. i might consider tusk, just for the price.

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!