Places to ride in Florida

N

Nazz26

Jul 9, 2019
Middletown NY
Ownership

1. Talon X
Hey all. Thinking about leaving my taxed to the rim state of NY. I am thinking of moving to Florida. All of my wife’s family and most of my family lives there. Off road riding is one of my favorite hobbies. Are there any public places to ride in the sunshine state or should I sell my machines and buy a boat? Lol. Thanks to all.

Reactions: TripleB and JenElio
wrhii

wrhii

Lifetime Member
Feb 22, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey all. Thinking about leaving my taxed to the rim state of NY. I am thinking of moving to Florida. All of my wife’s family and most of my family lives there. Off road riding is one of my favorite hobbies. Are there any public places to ride in the sunshine state or should I sell my machines and buy a boat? Lol. Thanks to all.
What part of the state?

Reactions: JenElio
N

Nazz26

Jul 9, 2019
Middletown NY
Ownership

1. Talon X
Going to Start looking west coast. North Port, Sarasota, Fort Myers. I have a camper that I leave at a seasonal site here in NY(Adirondack mountains)that allows atv and utv riding it’s my weekend getaway. It would be great if I could find something like that down in Florida were I can leave my camper on a seasonal site and then ride the trails. If not any place to ride would be good with me. Thanks

Reactions: JenElio
J

Jeff_Hejza

Jan 24, 2020
Titusville Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve lived in Florida all my life and there are places to ride, but be ready it’s a lot more wet here. The more north in the state you go the more options there are it seems. Ocala national forest allows riding in the north end, croms, hogwaller mud park, and you have some private land areas like Holopaw (suburban estates), river ranch. I have some areas where I live on the space coast such as canaveral groves, the compound, 5a and the St. John’s river but that’s all local knowledge spots. You can find more spots if you do some research And if you are in a rural enough area cops turn a blind eye to you just cruising around on sxs

Reactions: Nazz26 and JenElio
N

Nazz26

Jul 9, 2019
Middletown NY
Ownership

1. Talon X
Thanks Jeff. Not many places to ride up here in NY. NYS frowns upon off road riding. Thats why a found this campsite 2 1/2hr drive from me And it’s a weekend retreat with 85 other riders(campsites). I guess when I get down there I will find the spots. I just don’t want to get down there and my machines sit in a garage. Like I said looking to move near family On the west coast, North port, Fort Myers area. I just don’t want to trailer my machines 3 or 4 hours to ride for a day and then drive back home. If that happens I probably will not ride as much. Do you know of any seasonal campsites that allow atv riding on there grounds or lead to trails?

Reactions: Mudwing and JenElio
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Rive Ranch is probably what you are looking for. You can buy an access deed for about $600. That allows you access and camping but not permanet camp. Or buy a lot and then u can park/leave a camper or build a small cabin lile a lot of other people do. There are local spots but like @Jeff_Hejza said you have to do some research for your area.

N

Nazz26

Jul 9, 2019
Middletown NY
Ownership

1. Talon X
JenElio This is great info that I’m looking for. I will look into that. Ty hopefully more info will keep pouring in about Florida on this thread and I can research it all.

Reactions: Mudwing and JenElio
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I live in North Florida and am a member of two hunting clubs. I don't hunt, but joined to have a place to ride. It costs me about 1900.00 a year, but I have about 250,000 acres of private property to ride. I'm not a fan of the National Forests. The few times I've ridden there, the trails are way too narrow and you always have to worry about violating some rule and having a a-hole with a badge and ticket book hassling you.

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
One of the clubs, about 75,000 acres, offers a fishing membership for about 500 / year. Not a bad deal.

Reactions: Nazz26
Swampdog

Swampdog

Lifetime Member
Mar 19, 2020
Forgotten Coast, FL
Ownership

1. 500
Look at the Florida Forest Service website, there are two state forests (Withlacoochee and Tate's Hell) that have OHV trails for riding.

Withlacoochee S.F. is mid-state near Brooksville, and Tate's Hell S.F. is southwest of Tallahassee in North Florida.

There may be campsites available nearby on those state forests.

If you move to Florida, you might as well buy a boat and enjoy the fishing.

N

Nazz26

Jul 9, 2019
Middletown NY
Ownership

1. Talon X
Ty. Swampdog. will do research on both of those areas. A boat sounds good to me as well. Starting to work on that with the wife. More toys are always a great thing. lol. Any riding 1hr or less from the Orlando area?

Swampdog

Swampdog

Lifetime Member
Mar 19, 2020
Forgotten Coast, FL
Ownership

1. 500
For the Orlando area, closest is Withlacoochee State Forest... more than 1 hr.

Check with Ocala National Forest for OHV riding information.

Maybe, someone from the Orlando area knows better places on private land.

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5

When you take your machine riding do you camp also?

N

Nazz26

Jul 9, 2019
Middletown NY
Ownership

1. Talon X
Yes. In NYS the Camp season is from May 1 to mid October Columbus Day weekend. My seasonal campsite has trails right out my campers door. Its my weekend getaway. Would love to find a yearly Seasonal site like that a hour a less from Orlando area as my wife and I can also enjoy the DisneyWorld area. Thanks to all this as making it easier for me to make a move.

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Look up Ft. McCoy KOA, this place my interest you. We have been there several times and enjoy it a lot.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!