Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
So a fella who has a couple of Pioneers asked me to look at one. A 2014 Pioneer 700-4 describes the issue as it won't climb the hill at his lake house. Told him I would pick it up and check it out.

So today I wasn't busy and decided to see what's going on with it. Fired right up took it 300 yards to a small hill on my road, sure enough lost momentum while increasing RPM and stalls out. Back it around pull into shop.

Check the odometer 4200 miles approximately on it. Pop the seat check the oil, nothing on dipstick. Added a pint, nothing, a full quart, nothing, 2 full quarts barely at bottom of dipstick. Now mind you, a P700 only holds 3.1 quarts total.

Pop the seat back on, goes up the hill no issues, runs fine by all accounts. Check oil again it is very thick and black (sludge like) even though 70% was just added 5 minutes prior.

So change oil & oil filter, fully topped off with fresh GN4 10-w30.
20211108 144151

Since it 7 years old and air filter is included in kit as shown above just as well swap it out.

Pop off the airbox lid, O.M.G. I swear 🤬 it had NEVER been touched. So packed it was sucking oil from crankcase vent tube trying to get air.

20211108 153443

Even #junkasshondas don't deserve this. 😪

Any lesser machine would have probably already blown being approximately 80% low on oil.

Please do your due diligence on preventative maintenance.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I guess the nice thing about this engine is since it runs pretty high oil pressures to apply the clutches, that means it starts loosing drive before pressure drops low enough to do much engine damage.

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I cannot imagine your feeling when you saw what your did.... And you're not even the owner.

That's like mistreating an animal. Maybe he shouldn't be allowed to get ownership back.

I just can't understand why people do the things they do to machines and have no idea why they fail. Just no excuse.

I only left my father's hand tools laying in the grass overnight ONE TIME. A tune up with a leather belt made a lasting impression on the value of tools to a man who works with his hands and tools

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
RobinAZ

RobinAZ

Jan 26, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. 700-4
Amazing people don't know how to take care of their machines and then wonder why it won't work.

Reactions: Buggyman
PapaC

PapaC

Dec 12, 2021
W. Wa
Ownership

1. Talon X
Yikes! Opposite of the OCD spectrum obviously, but man, these things cost too much to neglect.

Reactions: CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!