P700 Plow width for 700-4. New owner

R

rmbrown77

Sep 16, 2015
Just brought home my new 700-4 and this is my first sxs and it is my first utv.
I would like to get a plow my concern is the width. I am only going to be doing my house and a few of my neighbors it will not be commercially my drive way isn't that big but if I'm storing my Honda in the garage in the winter I mid as well have a plow,on it. The probLem is I want the best of both worlds I would like to be able to do my sidewalk also actually my whole sidewalk, on the block. The sidewalk is 60'inches wide. Will a 60 inch plow when angled leave enough room to do sidewalk without tearing up the grass?
Or does it have to,be 72 to me wider than the wheel base? Is there anyone out there using a 56 or 54 inch plow on there 700?. Also what brand plow is recommended like everyone else i am price conscious but don't want A piece of junk either. I have a warn 4500 provantage winch on order

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
the problem with a 60" plow is its only as wide as the the pioneer, then when you angle it its not going to be as wide as your foot print. I have seen a 66" plow somewhere, personally I went with a 72", I'm not to concerned about plowing sidewalks though just my 350' driveway.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
72 works great for me I do sidewalks all the time.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also your going to have to be in the grass plowing the banks will turn to ice and you will be screwed by running out of room.

Hawk

Hawk

Aug 8, 2015
Central PA.
I agree with the other two post's. I just got a 2015 700-2 , and put a 72" on it. Haven't tried it yet.
But I have plowed over 10 years with a skid steer ,and an ATV. When angled you want to cover your foot print ,or you will be packing snow, then trying to plow it back up on your next pass.
As for sidewalk's .I pick up the plow a little ,trying to be easy on grass, and angle for another pass ,about 12" off the sidewalk.
I don't think a 66" angled will cover your foot print.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!