BOX1

P700 Plowing 9" of fresh snow in Vermont 12-19-21

VTbarn1

VTbarn1

Nov 9, 2020
Vermont
Ownership

1. 700-2
The first plowable snow of the year for me. The Pioneer did great with 9" but I don't know how much more it would do. Good thing it wasn't a heavy wet snow. Enjoy, Steve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Nice job sir.

You can try Fluid Film on the plow blade instead of WD40, it may hang on a little longer but with a metal blade it will always stick depending on the consistency of the snow.

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just a suggestion,
Angle - roll the blade back toward the machine a little bit, it will pack the snow down as you plow until you get a snow pack base and help not cut up your gravel.

I've also had luck with Johnsons floor wax on the blade to help scour snow off and help keep stuff from sticking.
Good luck

Nice video!

Last edited:
FJC 79

FJC 79

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
The first plowable snow of the year for me. The Pioneer did great with 9" but I don't know how much more it would do. Good thing it wasn't a heavy wet snow. Enjoy, Steve.

great video, that's a long driveway love all the property ( city boy here). spray pam might help with sticking snow.

Reactions: VTbarn1 and toddvdh
RobbieS

RobbieS

Nov 26, 2016
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
Until the ground is frozen to protect my gravel base, I took a 2-inch piece of 66-inch long PVC and cut it end-to-end on a table saw. I then put (pounded) that PVC on to the bottom of the blade where it wraps around the bottom blade bolts. Makes a real nice clean surface.

Trail_Rider

Trail_Rider

Dec 14, 2020
Powderly, KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great Job, VTbarn1!!! Good idea, RobbieS. I'll have to try that!!!

Capcollins

Capcollins

Mar 29, 2021
Nanaimo, BC
Ownership

1. 700-4
Great Video - thanks for sharing, plowed 6 inches or so off my driveway with my 2018 700 this morning - and it was nice and fluffy too! I like the PVC idea, RobbieS. It doesn't get very cold here and I'm always raking my driveway in the spring!

Reactions: FJC 79
G

Gerard

Apr 7, 2018
Waterloo, On, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Great video. I do a driveway here is Canada almost that long. 2 questions - why do only plow the one way? What do you use to keep your windshield clean - mine is awful dirty and I can’t get it clean?

Reactions: FJC 79
VTbarn1

VTbarn1

Nov 9, 2020
Vermont
Ownership

1. 700-2
Great video. I do a driveway here is Canada almost that long. 2 questions - why do only plow the one way? What do you use to keep your windshield clean - mine is awful dirty and I can’t get it clean?
As you've seen, my driveway is up a pretty steep hill so it's much easier to plow downhill. Besides, it's fun blasting back to the top!

Reactions: FJC 79 and Gerard
VTbarn1

VTbarn1

Nov 9, 2020
Vermont
Ownership

1. 700-2
As you've seen, my driveway is up a pretty steep hill so it's much easier to plow downhill. Besides, it's fun blasting back to the top!
Oh, about the windshield cleaning. I just use warm water for a healthy rinse first to remove anything that might scratch it. Then with a freshly washed fleece wash cloth soaked in fresh warm water mixed with just a drop of car wash soap, I very gently wipe from the top down, trying to use a fresh section of the cloth for each wipe. Then another rinse and a gentle dry with a washed terry cloth towel. After the money I spent on that windshield, a little extra effort to keep it scratch free is worth it.

Reactions: FJC 79 and Gerard
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!