Poly Windscreen

D

dmascheck

Oct 4, 2014
I bought my 700-4 with the half wind deflector and to me, it was a waste. I was told the folding poly windscreen was better and allowed some airflow to keep the dust from haunting you on a dusty road.

My question is there are two types. Both are two piece folding pieces, but one is optical grade and the other says hard coat, Which is the better of the two???? What do you have or recommend? Also can you add the wiper unit with these?

Dan

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hard coat is best. It is more abrasive resistant and will not scratch as easily.
As for stopping dust. You will need to add the back panel. This helps equalize the negative pressure the windscreen make and stop so much dust from collecting.
Wiper should just be used on the glass window. Using it on poly will just cause it to scratch faster...

D

dmascheck

Oct 4, 2014
Thanks for the help! I thought by tipping the lower part of the window forward it would allow the dust to blow through??

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!