P700 Positive Crankcase Ventilation

rogerdodger

rogerdodger

Jan 18, 2015
Is anybody doing anything different with the positive crankcase ventilation hose instead of having it running it into the airbox, filtering it thru the carburetors air filter and sucking the hot oily fumes from the crankcase carburetor which creates more heat for the motor? Is there something I can do to alleviate this problem?

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is anybody doing anything different with the positive crankcase ventilation hose instead of having it running it into the airbox, filtering it thru the carburetors air filter and sucking the hot oily fumes from the crankcase carburetor which creates more heat for the motor? Is there something I can do to alleviate this problem?
On my motorcycles I just unhooked it and put a k&n type cone filter on the hose.

Reactions: rogerdodger
rogerdodger

rogerdodger

Jan 18, 2015
On my motorcycles I just unhooked it and put a k&n type cone filter on the hose.
Great idea but not sure if it will withstand the water and dust? Thanks

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Install the vapor recovery system from the Killafornia models. Assuming it collects that hose. Dont really know.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Google Oil Catch Tank. Depending on how it is made, you can filter one side or hook it back up to the air cleaner. A vaccum in the crankcase is best for HP.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
not touching mine everything is sealed and going to keep it that way while honda can mess up on some designs their motors have been set up this way for decades. and they last

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!