P1000 Power commander V and autotune AT-200 install

S

slowandeasy

Jun 29, 2015
Palm Bay, FL
Showed up today ahead of schedule. I had already removed the cover over the air filter housing previously along with the rubber mat covering the area below the drivers seat. Installation was quick and simple, spent maybe a 1/2hr to 45min. not very impressed with the connections at the coils. not sure what I'm going to do, but not impressed.

So the autotune i purchased was NOS and didn't come with the CAN buss connector. So no autotune at this time.... BOOOOO!!!!

Loaded the map provided by Power Commander and uploaded to the PC-V after also updating the firmware.... always update your firmware. I noticed on the provided map, there were no adjustments made on the low end on either fuel or timing. By the time i was done prepping storms started moving in and it was starting to sprinkle. Moved my truck out of the way so I could take it out.

First ride feedback (not sure it was even up to temperature)..... MEH! lame, no significant difference in the low end but that was to be expected based on the adjustments noted in the trim tables. couldn't really open it up as it was starting to rain... sorry.

so nothing significant to note so far. Hoping once i get my CAN cable, I can really get some good adjustments.

C

CUOFFRD

Mar 13, 2016
NW Arkansas
Used the PC-V with AT on my Street Glide before I had the motor built. Did a great job of adjusting fuel maps to meet the given a/f ratios without the need of a dyno. I'm now using the Power Vision but had it dyno tuned.

S

slowandeasy

Jun 29, 2015
Palm Bay, FL
so thinking last night.... shouldn't really be expecting gains in power until i add an exhaust. The current config i'm sure is fairly decent and this would only need marginal adjustments. Once a higher flowing exhaust is installed, it should need to add more fuel as it can now flow more air. also hoping that with a good snorkel setup that it will flow better on the intake end than the OEM snorkel.

S

slowandeasy

Jun 29, 2015
Palm Bay, FL
CAN link cable now on order.... UGH!!!!

I'm thinking of fabricating an HMF swamp series exhaust to fit. Can someone do a quick measurement to see the diameter of the exhaust pipe?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!