P700 Power Vision 3 tuning P700

mygreenbronco

mygreenbronco

Feb 3, 2021
Centralia, WA
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have been out of town so not much riding. I did get to run the hill again with all three tunes and the most aggressive tune (6% increase in fuel and 4 degrees of timing) seems to be the best. Its not a knock your socks of difference but it does seem to hold 2nd longer pulling up hill (its 1 mile run at 12% grade).

The big test will be the exhaust upgrade when I get it on April 2. HMF Titan QS Blackout Slip On Exhaust Pipe. I will go out and test again. I will do some timed runs with each tune to see which is fastest.

I haven't decided if I will get to the dyno anytime soon they are still doing bikes and if I want on the dyno its 150$ just to set it up for the UTV then 150 $ an hour testing.

mygreenbronco

mygreenbronco

Feb 3, 2021
Centralia, WA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Update #2. Well I am glad I spent the dyno money on an exhaust. The difference with the PV3 with my most aggressive tune and the HMF exhaust and snorkel airbox and uni filter is very impressive. The test hill I run, I no longer downshift to 1st at the top I was running wild open in 2nd about 21mph now is 25mph. Also noticed better response off stop on hills and going over obstacles . Also I have about 300 miles and the valves where pretty loose when I adjusted them at the 100 mile mark.

Overall I am happy with the improved performance. Did it double my hp no but I would say at 9,000 feet I might be back to 36-38hp. It did really improve the driveabilty and I am still messing with the tune. I am going to sea level to ride in May and will report back in massive hp increases I see.

The price so far. $400 for the PV3. $400 for the HMF. $25 for the Uni filter. $25 for the homemade snorkel. I think it was worth it.
I don't think I am going to dyno now because I would rather spend the money on bigger tires and better shocks. I can't wait to ride with out 2 feet of snow its still snowing here in the mtns.

If anyone has a PV3 the tune they want to share I would love to compare it to mine.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Update #2. Well I am glad I spent the dyno money on an exhaust. The difference with the PV3 with my most aggressive tune and the HMF exhaust and snorkel airbox and uni filter is very impressive. The test hill I run, I no longer downshift to 1st at the top I was running wild open in 2nd about 21mph now is 25mph. Also noticed better response off stop on hills and going over obstacles . Also I have about 300 miles and the valves where pretty loose when I adjusted them at the 100 mile mark.

Overall I am happy with the improved performance. Did it double my hp no but I would say at 9,000 feet I might be back to 36-38hp. It did really improve the driveabilty and I am still messing with the tune. I am going to sea level to ride in May and will report back in massive hp increases I see.

The price so far. $400 for the PV3. $400 for the HMF. $25 for the Uni filter. $25 for the homemade snorkel. I think it was worth it.
I don't think I am going to dyno now because I would rather spend the money on bigger tires and better shocks. I can't wait to ride with out 2 feet of snow its still snowing here in the mtns.

If anyone has a PV3 the tune they want to share I would love to compare it to mine.
Did you do the exhaust at the same time? I'm not really a fan of obnoxiously loud exhaust. I'd do something like a tip...but don't want to be mistaken for a RZR driver with a backwards hat.

I did a bit if testing last weekend on a rock that gives the 700 some trouble. I pulled the exhaust spark arrestor, then the airbox lid, and finally, both together. I was a little surprised to see that the airbox lid made a much bigger difference than the arrestor.

mygreenbronco

mygreenbronco

Feb 3, 2021
Centralia, WA
Ownership

1. 700-2
I did the uni filter first. A little better breathing at WOT. Then did the PV3 tune. Made driveablity better and little power gain. Had to wait 6 weeks for them to build the HMF ( its the quiet so no db louder than the stock lower tone at WOT). Big change in power (I think this is because I have a 21 and it removes the cat). 2 weeks later did the snorkel, I don't see how the snorkel improves performance the stock one is just a open tube you could pull the cap off. I did it for water crossings.

I tried the tip mod the first week and it didn't give me any noticable gains. I would say cat removal is key when using a tuner. (Thats why the Honda Talon that won baja didn't have any emissions equipment)

Last edited:
DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I did the uni filter first. A little better breathing at WOT. Then did the PV3 tune. Made driveablity better and little power gain. Had to wait 6 weeks for them to build the HMF ( its the quite so no db louder than the stock lower tone at WOT). Big change in power (I think this is because I have a 21 and it removes the cat). 2 weeks later did the snorkel, I don't see how the snorkel improves performance the stock one is just a open tube you could pull the cap off. I did it for water crossings.

I tried the tip mod the first week and it didn't give me any noticable gains. I would say cat removal is key when using a tuner. (Thats why the Honda Talon that won baja didn't have any emissions equipment)
So you're saying the pipe is no louder than stock? Someone was just asking about the pipes for 700...
Also: does it still retain the O2 sensor? It's hard to tell from pics.

mygreenbronco

mygreenbronco

Feb 3, 2021
Centralia, WA
Ownership

1. 700-2
The pipe is no louder tested with my phone db meter ( I don't know how accurate it is because the meter jumps all over the place with both exhausts but the peak was 1-2 db from each other) but does have a throat-er deep sound especially at WOT instead of the high pitch stock. The real test was the wife and she hates our 2 stroke snow mobile exhaust and she said she didn't think the hmf was louder than stock on the honda. The O2 is kept with hmf exhaust but the heat shield does not fit.

The hmf runs waaaaaaay cooler than stock. The cat on the stock got up to 600f vs the uppipe on the hmf doesn't see over 350f. But I guess thats the cats job to get hot and burn unused fuel. So I did not see the need for the heat shielding.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
The pipe is no louder tested with my phone db meter ( I don't know how accurate it is because the meter jumps all over the place with both exhausts but the peak was 1-2 db from each other) but does have a throat-er deep sound especially at WOT instead of the high pitch stock. The real test was the wife and she hates our 2 stroke snow mobile exhaust and she said she didn't think the hmf was louder than stock on the honda. The O2 is kept with hmf exhaust but the heat shield does not fit.

The hmf runs waaaaaaay cooler than stock. The cat on the stock got up to 600f vs the uppipe on the hmf doesn't see over 350f. But I guess thats the cats job to get hot and burn unused fuel. So I did not see the need for the heat shielding.
Awesome info!

Dockman

Dockman

Lifetime Member
Jul 5, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-2
Very good info on here. Did you gain any top end speed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dockman

Dockman

Lifetime Member
Jul 5, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-2
Do you have any pictures of your snorkel?

mygreenbronco

mygreenbronco

Feb 3, 2021
Centralia, WA
Ownership

1. 700-2
I only go about 40mph. The limiter is set to 46mph. (you can change the speedo calibration in the tune to read low so you go faster). I did up the rpm limiter to 7,500. You don't go faster just rev higher.

I do get to 40mph a lot quick than stock. I did not do a 0-40mph baseline on stock. But next week at sea level I will do some timed 0-40mph runs and post them up.

The snorkel I just cut the stock breather and used about $18 worth of 2"cpvc.
PXL 20210426 231430508

PXL 20210426 231603973

Reactions: Mudwing
Dockman

Dockman

Lifetime Member
Jul 5, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-2
Is the pipe louder at cruising speeds? Say 15-30 mph

mygreenbronco

mygreenbronco

Feb 3, 2021
Centralia, WA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just got back from a 300 mile week long ride in Oklahoma. Got to ride with 2 other P700 with stock exhaust. At idle and mid rpm the exhaust is deeper and little louder. At WOT it is louder. Great comparsion vs trying to measure with a db meter on my phone while driving.

mygreenbronco

mygreenbronco

Feb 3, 2021
Centralia, WA
Ownership

1. 700-2
While back in OK I was able to score some 27" tire take offs. So I will start the tuning process again. While driving all kinds of trails from WOT dirt roads to rock crawling up waterfalls I did not see any need to make adjustments to the shift points of the tranny. I do have the paddle shifters and found that most of the time I was in auto and up and down shifted as needed with the paddles. I am going to build a extreme tune and run 93 octane fuel to see if I see any improvements.

I will have to say with the tunner and the exhaust my P700 out performed the other P700s I was with a P700-4 and P700-2 both stock running 27" tires.

PXL 2

N

nathan19k

Jun 7, 2021
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yes, all shift points are configurable AT and MT modes both rpm and tps setting can be changed, also you can have shifting in reverse although do I need to go 30 mph in reverse (maybe?)
Can you adjust the governed speed?

mygreenbronco

mygreenbronco

Feb 3, 2021
Centralia, WA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yes and no. The speedo limit is hard wired and fixed. You can only go about 46 mph on the speedo. But you can change tire size or calibrate the speed to read a false low.( speedo reads 20 when you are doing 40mph)

The P700 is a mountain goat not a cheetah. I spend 90% of my time around 15-20 mph. I have clocked by gps after changing the tires at 47 mph with the rpm limiter increased 500 rpm and it was screaming, I wouldn't want to drive like that for very long.

My dads polaris 570 will crank out 60 mph all day its just geared for it with a belt drive and high low trans. The P700 only has 3 gears and no High low so they had to pick the best gearing for all around performance and they picked low. If you need speed the P700 is not the best pick but everything else I have done with it it has performed great.

mygreenbronco

mygreenbronco

Feb 3, 2021
Centralia, WA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Ok, new update. I did some more tuning with 93 octane and bumped up the timing. I did not really see any difference in performance for the price diff in gas (almost 1$ a gallon) With the new 27" tires I have ran at sea level up to 10K feet, it has been running great I did not see any performance loss over the 25" stock tires. I run the Rainbow falls OHV area in Colorado where some of the hills Jeeps have to winch up and the P700 crawls right up at 9K feet.

Right now I am gonna run the 3rd tune I posted with 87 octane air filter w/ snorkel and aftermarket exhaust. If I get any dyno time this summer I will post the results. I have not noticed the big power losses other people have posted, I have ridden with 5 other P700-2 and -4 with 27" tires I they all keep up with mine. (there is a noticeable difference in low end torque at 100% throttle over the stock machines).

SOOOO was the $900 and time well spent????

I think it was. My use is 50% farm work and 50% fun. I have ran WOT through 3 feet of snow all day long and hauled a trailer full of hay with this thing. If you are just trail riding and working I would say spend the money on shocks but if you ride in the 70-100% throttle range the mods are worth it.

I am coming up on my second oil change and other than the initial break in valve adjustment, I have just feed it gas.

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
I am thinking I will probably try the tuner. I want to finish the 18% diff mods first. I am running 29 inch tires and really dont have any issues but would like a little more down low. My speedometer says 42 but GPS says 48. It takes me just a little longer to get there. I hope with the gear reduction it will make the 29 seem like 27. Even if it doesn't work out still like the 29. Tuner may be another addition. FYI I dont need these mods but I have a need to tinker. Always have. My MTB club calls be their beta tester

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
ever get to a dyno to see what the actual difference is in numbers?

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!