P700 Power Vision 3 tuning P700

mygreenbronco

mygreenbronco

Feb 3, 2021
Centralia, WA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Does any have the files for the maps for the PV3 from 5 Star tuning?

Looking at the maps from DynoJet there is very little change to the org map from honda for the P700.
They increase the timing 1 degree and change the closed loop fuel feed back at 3-4,00 rpms.

The fuel is actually leaned out about 2% across the rpm range.
I did notice running my wide band o2 sensor it was rich running 13 afr.

Here are the maps use Power core software from dynojet to look at the changes. The djt file is the modified map.

I get the PV3 on Friday and will make about 10 different maps and go test them. I am stock with uni filter and muffler tip. Any feed back from other maps would be helpful.

Attachments

• Maps.zip
    490.8 KB · Views: 413
Last edited:
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
No tuning experience with the 700 but around a 13.2 AFR is a good, peak torque AFR and those ignition tables look to be pretty soft at WOT.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
You can datalog with the PV3. Open up the WinPEP software and look at the Vehicle speed row. It has a time stamp you can write down at the start, 10, 20, 30 & 40 mph and use those baselines for what your tune changes are doing.

mygreenbronco

mygreenbronco

Feb 3, 2021
Centralia, WA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks, I will take a look at WinPEP. Just looking at the Dynojet P1000 tune they added 4-6 degrees of timing and add 3-6% fuel above 4000 rpm for the stock tune. So I was expecting something similar to that for the P700. Thats why I would like to see another tune with maybe a pipe and snorkel to see how agreesive people are getting with the timing before changing fuel octane levels. My plan is to find two good maps that make the most power for 87-89 gas and one for 91-93 gas.

Also, I took a look at the power commander V dynojet fuel and ignitions tables for the P700 and they are adding 6-7% fuel above 4000 rpm and adding 4 degrees of timing. I think its odd that if they dyno the units why the big difference in the tables?

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Does any have the files for the maps for the PV3 from 5 Star tuning?

Looking at the maps from DynoJet there is very little change to the org map from honda for the P700.
They increase the timing 1 degree and change the closed loop fuel feed back at 3-4,00 rpms.

The fuel is actually leaned out about 2% across the rpm range.
I did notice running my wide band o2 sensor it was rich running 13 afr.

Here are the maps use Power core software from dynojet to look at the changes. The djt file is the modified map.

I get the PV3 on Friday and will make about 10 different maps and go test them. I am stock with uni filter and muffler tip. Any feed back from other maps would be helpful.
Nice to see someone messing with the 700 with one of these.

Just curious...does the PV3 allow shifting alterations?

mygreenbronco

mygreenbronco

Feb 3, 2021
Centralia, WA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well, I found some interesting info about tunes for the P700. Looks like all the vendors are selling is the base dynojet map.
I asked two different vendors about their "performance 93 octane tunes" and they said that they need my base map to modify it. So that means that they would just bump up the fuel and timing and send my map back to me, since they don't have the base map I don't believe they are actually are putting a P700 on a dyno. (some guys are asking $200 per tune)

So, I think I am going to spend the $100 and do an hour of dyno time in Denver and see what this 36hp beast can really do.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well, I found some interesting info about tunes for the P700. Looks like all the vendors are selling is the base dynojet map.
I asked two different vendors about their "performance 93 octane tunes" and they said that they need my base map to modify it. So that means that they would just bump up the fuel and timing and send my map back to me, since they don't have the base map I don't believe they are actually are putting a P700 on a dyno. (some guys are asking $200 per tune)

So, I think I am going to spend the $100 and do an hour of dyno time in Denver and see what this 36hp beast can really do.
SUBSCRIBED!!!

I

ike775

May 20, 2020
yerington nevada
Ownership

1. 700-4
Were you able to get a tune for the power vision 3, its kind of a waster of money since they tunes dynojet has on the website are lame. Once I get the new muffler in ill will have it dyno tuned in Reno they have the Dyno for UTV's from Dyonjet.
I am not sure where to find other tunes or if I can have dynojet make one for me that I can download. I am not familiar with tuning so I am playing it safe and not messing with it myself.

mygreenbronco

mygreenbronco

Feb 3, 2021
Centralia, WA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well, I had planned on tuning and riding this weekend buuuuuut, I have a 2021 700-2 and although I called and ordered the PV3 and told them I had a 2021 they did not discovery they do not have a base tune for the 2021, until I called and could not pair it to my pioneer. Soooo I am waiting to hear back from from Dynojet to see if they can get the base tune so I can pair the PV3 to my machine.

You are correct the pv3 djt tunes are very weak, I plan on starting with the power commander tune map pre o2 sensors for the pioneer 700.(I am just using the fuel settings to copy into the pv3 software) It raised the fuel 4-7% from off idle till 7500 rpm and raised the timing 4-6 degrees above 60% throttle. With 500 rpm limit bump and changing some of the shift points for throttle position, I think it will be a good start.

Ok, Dj got the tune back to me and this will be my first try. Going to go out and make some runs and test by the seat of the pants and then take it to the dyno later this week.

Attachments

• Maps700.zip
    502.1 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well, I had planned on tuning and riding this weekend buuuuuut, I have a 2021 700-2 and although I called and ordered the PV3 and told them I had a 2021 they did not discovery they do not have a base tune for the 2021, until I called and could not pair it to my pioneer. Soooo I am waiting to hear back from from Dynojet to see if they can get the base tune so I can pair the PV3 to my machine.

You are correct the pv3 djt tunes are very weak, I plan on starting with the power commander tune map pre o2 sensors for the pioneer 700.(I am just using the fuel settings to copy into the pv3 software) It raised the fuel 4-7% from off idle till 7500 rpm and raised the timing 4-6 degrees above 60% throttle. With 500 rpm limit bump and changing some of the shift points for throttle position, I think it will be a good start.

Ok, Dj got the tune back to me and this will be my first try. Going to go out and make some runs and test by the seat of the pants and then take it to the dyno later this week.
Can these be viewed without a PV3? I think I tried once and you had to have a PV3 registered to see them, unlike to old power commander files which could be viewed.

I

ike775

May 20, 2020
yerington nevada
Ownership

1. 700-4

Can you share the tune in a djt file? That sounds like a good idea though, trying to find tunes from older tuners and making the changes in the DJ software.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I

ike775

May 20, 2020
yerington nevada
Ownership

1. 700-4

What file is the one you copied from the power commander?
This is kinda cool I know nothing about tuning but I always need one more thing to tinker with to keep me from spring cleaning. lol
Thank you

mygreenbronco

mygreenbronco

Feb 3, 2021
Centralia, WA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Here is the power commander file for the P700. There are two. One is back when Dj could offer the O2 sensor delete (you can still get it else where). The other is the file for my 2021 with the O2 sensor.
If you are getting a tuner I would get the PV3 because it flashes the ecu, but its a little more expensive, other wise you have to delete the O2 because it will just change the fuel flow back after the Power commander 5 increases it. The P700 stock open loop is pretty small (4-6K rpm at 80% or more throttle) This is the area you can change with the PC5 and O2 sensor.

Just download PC5 software and open maps.

Attachments

• PC5Maps.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 115
Reactions: DG Rider
mygreenbronco

mygreenbronco

Feb 3, 2021
Centralia, WA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Ok, got to spend some time at the Dyno shop today. Good news learned a ton. Bad news I did not get to Dyno my P700.

The guys at the shop were super helpful, they mostly do Harley s and Turbo Utv. They had the dyno set up for bikes and have 30 bikes scheduled for the next two weeks, so I will have to wait till they switch it over to Utvs. They showed me how the tune fuel maps and gave me some good ideas on the ignition tables. They said with stock exhaust I will not see much improvement on the dyno maybe 1-2hp.

So, I guess I am looking for an exhaust now. I am leaning toward the HMF titian quiet.

They shop said they look for drivabilty gains instead of hp gains on non turbo units because its so hard the produce decent dyno runs on the Utvs (belt slip on the rzrs and not being able to lock a gear on honda). So for our P700 at 36hp with a 10% increase would be about 40hp but they said they see that much difference in the runs vs they had a Talon there with a turbo kit making 160hp.

I built three tunes with fuel and ignition maps and one map with changed shift points for the AT. I am going out this weekend and run the hill I did last week with all the tunes and see which one drives the best.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'd have to go back and look in some old posts, but the stall speed up at higher elevations is something like 4400 rpm.

What I'd want out of the 700 personally isn't so much more "HP" as it is more torque at that 4400 speed. That's where it sits on steep climbs or in thick, icy snow, throttle floored, with the tires just sitting there doing nothing. I've always been curious as to what timing could be added around that rpm to get those tires turning.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!