P700 2023 Pioneer Deluxe 700-4 flashing power steering light

infyx

infyx

Jan 26, 2023
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey Guys,

Ordered a roof and windshield from dealer - while I wait for those to come in I am looking around but plan on having them look since it should be a warranty issue.

However, I notice that starting the machine the light flashes twice every second or so. Repeat.
I have checked the battery itself, all the grounds that I could see/find - all are tight.

Is there anything else I can look at to save myself the hassle of the dealer looking and time away from machine?

Thanks everyone! Already bought way too much stuff from the store here but excited to get it all in.

Regards,
Matt

Reactions: Buggyman
H

HondaTech

These newer models use CAN codes for diagnostics. There is no code 2, the lowest number is 11.

Sure your not seeing the seat belt light blink? Those will flash until the drivers seat belt is buckled.

Reactions: Buggyman
H

HondaTech

I'll have to look more into the diagnostic codes and how they flash codes. Usually that would be code 2, but there isn't any code 2 on 2023 models.

H

HondaTech

The only code that will make the indicator blink instead of illuminating solid is
C0608-00 Angle Sensor Abnormal Signal

That's all I can come up with atm, all other codes will illuminate the indicator light and the blink pattern is the same as all other codes; Long= 10 Short=1

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Guess I am having a dealer look at it.
thank you for looking into it!
Welcome From the Putrid Swamp Run Michigan!

Got pics of your rig? Kind of a rquirement for FNG’s newbies.
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

infyx

infyx

Jan 26, 2023
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
Here ya go! I don’t have any good pics yet. Hopefully this weekend

360A9F36 36B5 4CC9 B5DD 27DAA4667180

infyx

infyx

Jan 26, 2023
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
So Honda dealer has it now. They called me and said the code is that the power steering is getting too much voltage.

said it could be the harness or something electrical. Guess I’ll wait to see what they find.

infyx

infyx

Jan 26, 2023
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
Update: Got a call from Honda dealer. Apparently the power steering unit needed to be 'updated' or 'recalibrated'.
They had to call Honda to get the proper process to do this.

So anyone with a 2023 with a flashing light, could be this.

H

HondaTech

Update: Got a call from Honda dealer. Apparently the power steering unit needed to be 'updated' or 'recalibrated'.
They had to call Honda to get the proper process to do this.

So anyone with a 2023 with a flashing light, could be this.

We can set the rack and vehicle centering with a procedure in the manual. Unless it's something besides that, I'm not sure what their referring to.

Last edited:
infyx

infyx

Jan 26, 2023
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
So the document they gave me just says:

FOUND EPS SYSTEM NEEDED TO BE REPROGRAMMED, PERFORMED REPROGRAM PROCEDURE AND RETESTED

So maybe its the same thing but the steps in the manual did not work for them - there was "other" steps he said they had to get from Honda.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!