BOX1 - TEST

Prefect Virginia winter morning

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
Today started out as most days chore filled early in the morning take care of the animals the chickens the dog and see the wife off to work. We were blessed with a coating of some white powdery stuff overnight and we needed to clean that up which fortunately was just powder so we were able to clean it up with a leaf blower. Then I decided it was time to play a little. Temps are in low teens stiff wind out of the NE. I got my Pioneer warmed up for an early morning ride. So I headed out busting a trail to the south end of the farm past the gate to the wide open spaces of rural Virginia back roads. To much delight there was a good coating of fresh snow pack on the back roads. What to my wondering eyes did appear.

This is why we moved here,there is nothing as sweet as the mountains with snow. I know there are other mountain ranges much higher an just as pretty. The Appalachian Mountains are the oldest in North America. This is Smith Mountain where TVA erected a dam in the 1950's for hydro-electric power supplo the grid.
On this trip I took my youngest son, I figured we head over to the lake to see if any had frozen. Plus I wanted to get him outdoors and away from his computer. So we bounced down the old back roads cutting up and sliding around a bit just for fun. The pioneer on this journey performed flawlessly.
This is my son Stephen at the lake. We took a few more pics and reflected on the times we as a family bring our boat out to the lake and find a cove off away from everyone and swim and tube. We road a total of 28 miles and spent a few hour together creating more memories and he got to drive us home. He has never driven the pioneer but comment that it handles nice and tight and the ride is smooth. He is a quiet boy and never offers his opinion on much but looks like Honda will have another customer one day. My hope is that you all enjoy this story as much as we enjoyed creating it together to share with you.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 685
  • 108.png
    108.png
    933.1 KB · Views: 651
  • 811.png
    811.png
    871.1 KB · Views: 633
test - test -test test - test -test
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
duwops what a area you are in. It is wonderful to have back roads you can ride. Even with a snow covered road people around here will call the cops on you just because. I cant wait till my daughter gets old enough to take trips with me. Its going to be fun for us all.
Thanks for sharing. Love the pictures.

test - test -test
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Not sure why the pictures are sideways but when you click on them they are correct direction... looking into it.

Fixed.
It must have been something with the picture. I saved it to my desktop and same thing happened.
But I edited the image and resaved and reloaded. now they are the right way.

test - test -test test - test -test
duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
Hondasxs, Smith Mountain Lake is SE of Roanoke Virginia on the eastern slopes of the Appalachian Mountains. Riding on the roads is not permitted per say but after heavy snows when schools been cancelled neighbors don't care. But this is rural where we all know one another and watch out,for each other. I pull off to the side to let vehicles go by we all wave to each other. I suppose if I was acting a fool they would call the police.

test - test -test
fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
Really nice. There is nothing better than having quality time with family. What a beautiful area you live in !

test - test -test
duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
Thanks fishin, every now and then you have to find time for family and fun. It sure beat sitting in the house complaining about it being to cold and snowy to go outside.

test - test -test
BOX2
box3 - TEST

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!