Pro Armor Talon door bags

Trailtamer65

Trailtamer65

Feb 26, 2021
UP of MI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Hello all, Has anyone out there tried out these Pro Armor door bags yet? Wondering about quality and durability. E364F6D7 B2CB 4E81 91C6 925FE6788866

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
I got my Pro-Armor door bags today. Its a balmy 31 degrees outside with a gusty wind and rain. I'll put them on tomorrow or the next day and post a report.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
I received the Pro-Armor door bags Monday. Yesterday I took a quick look at them in the garage. They are well built and bigger than I thought they would be. The pockets are nice and have some soft material in them. But the whole thing is more padding than storage. They will be perfect for cell phones, keys, sunglasses etc. But I'm not sure if I'd put anything with bulk in there. I probably wouldn't put goggles in them. I'm happy I got them. The few things I grab on and off are my phone, sunglasses and Chapstick. So they will work for what I need. it would be nice if the pockets were a little wider, but the draw back to that is everything gets tossed around. I will install them once I have the Talon cleaned up. We got back from our trip to WV last week and I haven't cleaned her up other than spraying her off at the car wash. I just call that a mud removal wash, the real clean up has to be done at home.

IMG 1815 IMG 1782 IMG 1781

Trailtamer65

Trailtamer65

Feb 26, 2021
UP of MI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I received the Pro-Armor door bags Monday. Yesterday I took a quick look at them in the garage. They are well built and bigger than I thought they would be. The pockets are nice and have some soft material in them. But the whole thing is more padding than storage. They will be perfect for cell phones, keys, sunglasses etc. But I'm not sure if I'd put anything with bulk in there. I probably wouldn't put goggles in them. I'm happy I got them. The few things I grab on and off are my phone, sunglasses and Chapstick. So they will work for what I need. it would be nice if the pockets were a little wider, but the draw back to that is everything gets tossed around. I will install them once I have the Talon cleaned up. We got back from our trip to WV last week and I haven't cleaned her up other than spraying her off at the car wash. I just call that a mud removal wash, the real clean up has to be done at home.

View attachment 261047 View attachment 261048 View attachment 261049
Thanks, Thats all I’m looking for. Gonna order a set.👍

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Looks like they block the arm wrest…..🤔

Reactions: Huntndogs
PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
I do have them. Yes they block the arm rest. So if you have an enclosed doors that is an issue. I usually put my arm or the top of the door, but I'm pretty tall. They are not perfect, but I like having them. They have Velcro on the back and you put the other 1/2 of it on the door(peel and stick). But it does not hold to the door well. I used alcohol to prep the area and that didn't help. I ended up taking the padding out of them to make the storage are bigger. I also put a hole in the back of the bag where the velcro was. I took the door skin off and put a corresponding hole into the door. I then used a bolt and big washer on both sides to hold the bag in place. My guess is someone will make a better door bag sooner or later. But I would still buy them if I had to do it all over again.

Reactions: Huntndogs and CID
Huntndogs

Huntndogs

Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2021
San Diego, Ca.
Ownership

1. Talon R
Well I ended up buying the smaller Pro Armor bags that fit in the door recess behind the grab handle. These were $80 on FleaBay, they are small but the quality looks good. The extended lip on the top slides up between the two door layers and the backside has a peel and stick velcro oad to hold it against the door. Seems pretty secure so far. Big enough for my wallet, car keys and a few other smaller items like readers (ya I’m old). I will continue to search for an alternative for decent storage but these will do for now.

DC87ACA4 4670 4E26 A8CB 9D303878BFBA A09EB4BB 3251 4A84 9879 C6D2FCF984A0 ED0FC3D6 FC18 4339 9E73 A09DBC8496D9 691ECCC9 5C82 4FC0 A0D5 0C75DD9FD250

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Well I ended up buying the smaller Pro Armor bags that fit in the door recess behind the grab handle. These were $80 on FleaBay, they are small but the quality looks good. The extended lip on the top slides up between the two door layers and the backside has a peel and stick velcro oad to hold it against the door. Seems pretty secure so far. Big enough for my wallet, car keys and a few other smaller items like readers (ya I’m old). I will continue to search for an alternative for decent storage but these will do for now.

View attachment 317405 View attachment 317406 View attachment 317407 View attachment 317408
Man I like those! Thanks for sharing, going to grab a set

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
Nice! I like those. They were not available when I bought mine, or I would have probably gotten those. Good post and info.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!