pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
mine has a valve clatter but they can do the adjustment when it gets its first service

adnoh

adnoh

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2013
I put about 20 miles on my p1000-5 the day/night I bought it. I checked the oil today and there is none showing on stick. Did exactly like manual said, let idle for 3-5mins and then wait 2 mins to check.

Is it normal to use a little oil during break in?

Also I was going to add some and cannot get the bed to raise. I put tailgate and seats down, then pulled lever. It releases and then feels like it hits something. Is there something I'm missing before I load it up and take it to the dealer?

I would check it in the morning without starting it up. It takes awhile for the oil to settle. If i went out and started mine then let it sit for 2 minutes it would show low also

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you can't get your bed to raise, check to be sure the seat belt buckles aren't in the way.

walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Doesn anybody else's 1000 have a slight tick/rattle?

Mine seemed to have excessive valve tick/rattle first couple rides out when lugging a bit but that seems to have gone away, or at least I haven't heard it again. It was very noticeable initially under the right conditions.

Waylan

Reactions: pct
L

LBZ_Duramax

Oct 26, 2015
I would check it in the morning without starting it up. It takes awhile for the oil to settle. If i went out and started mine then let it sit for 2 minutes it would show low also

I'm checking it exactly how the owners manual says to check. Run at idle for 3-5mins, shut off and wait 2 mins, check dipstick without screwing in.

But regardless, either way I checked, ran/not ran, stick screwed in/not screwed in. It was still 1.75qt low.

L

LBZ_Duramax

Oct 26, 2015
If you can't get your bed to raise, check to be sure the seat belt buckles aren't in the way.

I have to press down on the center of the seats while pulling up on bed. I will get them to adjust it at first service.

L

LBZ_Duramax

Oct 26, 2015
Mine seemed to have excessive valve tick/rattle first couple rides out when lugging a bit but that seems to have gone away, or at least I haven't heard it again. It was very noticeable initially under the right conditions.

Waylan

That's my issue, seems to happen when motor is lugging just right. It's quite annoying though.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I put about 20 miles on my p1000-5 the day/night I bought it. I checked the oil today and there is none showing on stick. Did exactly like manual said, let idle for 3-5mins and then wait 2 mins to check.

Is it normal to use a little oil during break in?

Also I was going to add some and cannot get the bed to raise. I put tailgate and seats down, then pulled lever. It releases and then feels like it hits something. Is there something I'm missing before I load it up and take it to the dealer?
my oil wasn't on the dipstick either had to add to bring it up soon as I got home from dealer I checked both and wasn't on dipstick!!

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
its a sump system u have to run it before u check the oil

Reactions: pct

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!