Problems with my new 1000

L

LBZ_Duramax

Oct 26, 2015
I put about 20 miles on my p1000-5 the day/night I bought it. I checked the oil today and there is none showing on stick. Did exactly like manual said, let idle for 3-5mins and then wait 2 mins to check.

Is it normal to use a little oil during break in?

Also I was going to add some and cannot get the bed to raise. I put tailgate and seats down, then pulled lever. It releases and then feels like it hits something. Is there something I'm missing before I load it up and take it to the dealer?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Just lift up on the bed a little it catches on the netting buckles sometimes keeping it from raising unassisted. All it need is a nudge. But no to the oil being low on break in. should be full and they should have ensured that on setup. If you paid a setup fee or was charged one might call you dealer and asked them what did they setup since the oil is off the dipstick in 20 miles.

Reactions: joeymt33
H

HondaTech

Check to make sure your seats are all the way down, they can stop the bed from raising as well. I would take it straight to the dealer with no oil on the dipstick. They obviously didn't check anything else either and these units are coming in with a variety of assembly issues. Quality control on thsee in south Carolina isn't the greatest.

L

LBZ_Duramax

Oct 26, 2015
Should I be worried about engine damage?

I wanted to put oil in it so I could see how low it was.

The seats are down and doors shut. I might could press them down a little more but shouldn't have to.

This was a huge purchase and I want it to last a long time.

L

LBZ_Duramax

Oct 26, 2015
Check to make sure your seats are all the way down, they can stop the bed from raising as well. I would take it straight to the dealer with no oil on the dipstick. They obviously didn't check anything else either and these units are coming in with a variety of assembly issues. Quality control on thsee in south Carolina isn't the greatest.

I assume they will try and blame it on me for not checking it before I rode, but I assumed that since they charged a setup fee and did a delivery inspection that the oil was topped off.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

We don't have any true Honda dealers in AL, they're all multi brand dealers and have some random kid probably doing final assembly. Had dealer issues with my 700 so bad I'm driving to another state to get my 1000.

L

LBZ_Duramax

Oct 26, 2015
We don't have any true Honda dealers in AL, they're all multi brand dealers and have some random kid probably doing final assembly. Had dealer issues with my 700 so bad I'm driving to another state to get my 1000.

This dealer was a multi brand dealer. I paid a few $$ more to buy from the closest dealer to make sure I had support in case a warranty claim came up. I hope I don't have any trouble from them tomorrow, I'm also going to ask to have it fixed while I wait so I can go ahead and take it back home. I have a 17mo old little boy that loves to ride in the afternoon.

H

HondaTech

Do you plan on taking it back to them for a first service? If so mention it then and check it after they've done this service. The bed could just be an adjustment. When you hit the the latch to release it, pull up the seats slightly and see if pushing down on the seat release(around the middle of the length of the seat) and see if the bed releases then.

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
I don't think you'll have any engine damage if the light didn't come on for low oil pressure. Can you even get oil on the stick if you screw it in some? I know its supposed to be checked unscrewed but it would give you an idea if its really low or not

L

LBZ_Duramax

Oct 26, 2015
I don't think you'll have any engine damage if the light didn't come on for low oil pressure. Can you even get oil on the stick if you screw it in some? I know its supposed to be checked unscrewed but it would give you an idea if its really low or not

I didn't check that. I will do that in the morning. I plan to do my own oil changes and service. This will be my 6th honda in the fleet currently but I have had way more than that over the years.

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I put about 20 miles on my p1000-5 the day/night I bought it. I checked the oil today and there is none showing on stick. Did exactly like manual said, let idle for 3-5mins and then wait 2 mins to check.

Is it normal to use a little oil during break in?

Also I was going to add some and cannot get the bed to raise. I put tailgate and seats down, then pulled lever. It releases and then feels like it hits something. Is there something I'm missing before I load it up and take it to the dealer?[/Q
you must of checked the oil under the seat that's the oil for the D C T if that's low you just and oil in the same hole has the dipstick

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
IMFO - Getting everything ready for the first ride is the responsibility of the dealer. After that it's up to the owner/driver.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall when the dealer and Honda discuss how a $20,000 machine was delivered without proper fluid levels.

L

LBZ_Duramax

Oct 26, 2015
you must of checked the oil under the seat that's the oil for the D C T if that's low you just and oil in the same hole has the dipstick

I did check that, it was full. The engine oil dipstick is in the rear drivers side footwell under a rubber flap. I checked exactly by the manual. It was 1 3/4 quart low.

L

LBZ_Duramax

Oct 26, 2015
IMFO - Getting everything ready for the first ride is the responsibility of the dealer. After that it's up to the owner/driver.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall when the dealer and Honda discuss how a $20,000 machine was delivered without proper fluid levels.

This is my view, I shouldn't have to check behind the dealer that charged me $250 setup fee to see if they filled the oil. I went and got 2 quarts of honda oil this morning, it was 1 3/4 quart low. I will be going by my dealer in the morning and having a nice conversation with the owner.....

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
At least it wasn't low enough that it should have caused damage. But damn that's pretty low especially when they were supposed to check it. I'd say they owe you those two quarts free and at the very least a big discount on the next service

L

LBZ_Duramax

Oct 26, 2015
Riding this afternoon. Seems to have a very distinct tick when on the gas around 3k rpm. Sounds kind of like a spark knock but not sure. Hope it's not internal....

Didn't have time to go by the dealer today, hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday.

L

LBZ_Duramax

Oct 26, 2015
Doesn anybody else's 1000 have a slight tick/rattle?

Jody

Jody

Jan 12, 2016
Manitoba
no sir. only noise I have is a squeak coming from rear box door hinges. Drive line is tight and (odd noise) free. Sounds like the dealer needs to look into your unit and correct some issues for you. best of luck.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!