P1000 Problems with the 1000

G

golfer1

Mar 1, 2020
Alabama
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
My 1000 made a popping noise when I backed it out and when I put it in gear for forward. It will run in first gear but will not shift. I am getting a flash code 5 long 2 short.
Can any of you gurus suggest where I should start?
Thanks for looking and for your help.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maybe this will help

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maybe @Hillbillytnt can help out.
As for the popping noise you probably need to adjust the linkage for the rear diff. Could be going in and out of turf mode. What year is your machine? Some pics of it would also help

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here's a link to a video on how to adjust your rear diff cable

Reactions: Buggyman and ChadD
Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Waggy tail thanks much for the reply. Didn't realize that was a code for 52 Can you suggest where those connections might be for a start.
Best wishes to youi.
When I got the code 52 it was a wire that kept popping off. I ran the wires by hand and found one used a compression connector like a plug on a spark plug. Just needed a couple good squeezes to shrink it up. Passenger side under seat I think it was to the neutral switch. Hope you can figure it out.

G

golfer1

Mar 1, 2020
Alabama
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Well noticed another thing, the engine is loping while ideling. Sounds like an old harley.
Any other thoughts.
I am in the process of looking at connections now.
Thanks much.

Reactions: Buggyman and ChadD

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!