P1000 New 2016 1000-5 Deluxe Owner

npaden

npaden

Mar 22, 2024
Lubbock, Texas
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Just picked up a new to me 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe. I've been looking for a while and really like the idea of the flip up backseats that we will probably use just a few times a year but I think they will be great for what we will use the machine for.

I have a 2013 Polaris Rzr 570 trail that I've had for 10 years now and use it quite a bit mostly for trail riding and currently plan on keeping it to use as a spare machine as well as for when I will need it for 50" trails. Also have a 2008 Yamaha 450 Grizzly that I've kept as a spare machine and to help get the right number of people to and from places. Not sure on if I'm going to keep it or not.

The 1000-5 I just bought has quite a few add ons that I probably would have put on it anyway so that worked out well. Full roof, split windshield, winch, bed extender, underdash storage dealy, and a back window that I'm not sure about but probably will work out to where I will keep it.

Already ordered some LED light bars for front and rear, a hillbilly park brake thing, a heavier duty bed assist opener thing, and a splash guard for the one that is duct tapped right now. Ordered the hood buttons to do the rear door storage modification also.

I've been looking for a while but machines have been stupid expensive for used ones and just couldn't justify buying a new machine when I have ones that are adequate already. I like the idea of the flip up seats and mainly have been looking at the 700-4 machines but a 1000-5 showed up in Facebook Marketplace for a reasonable price and I measured my garage on my Toy Hauler to verify and thought I might be able to get it to fit. I actually pulled my Toy Hauler to pick it up and if it fit I was going to buy it. Had to take the fairlead off the front and I'll be replacing it with a flat version and I'm going to have to cut part of the roof as it fit but the door wasn't able to seal shut but I ended up coming home with it.

Has just over 3,600 miles on it, one owner and the final agreed upon price was $10,500.

IMG 9191
IMG 9194
IMG 9190
IMG 9196

I've been doing some reading here already and will be doing more in the future for sure. Biggest thing I need to do is sort out what recalls have been done and what still needs to be done. Previous owner said they were religious about annual maintenance but didn't seem to have a good grasp on the recalls for the clutch, water ingestion, etc. It was primarily used on a small farm and seems to be in pretty good shape.

Thanks for all the previous posts that I was able to read people's experiences on and I'll be checking back in as I make modifications and have things pop up that need dealing with.

Last edited:
Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome from Mississippi. If you are experiencing excessive heat from the engine area, @trigger ,a member here has a great rubber cover that goes under the seat. This is a pic of what the revised clutch cover should look like. #NTC
E228FC82 35DC 4710 AE65 A7D855E60ABF

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just picked up a new to me 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe. I've been looking for a while and really like the idea of the flip up backseats that we will probably use just a few times a year but I think they will be great for what we will use the machine for.

I have a 2013 Polaris Rzr 570 trail that I've had for 10 years now and use it quite a bit mostly for trail riding and currently plan on keeping it to use as a spare machine as well as for when I will need it for 50" trails. Also have a 2008 Yamaha 450 Grizzly that I've kept as a spare machine and to help get the right number of people to and from places. Not sure on if I'm going to keep it or not.

The 1000-5 I just bought has quite a few add ons that I probably would have put on it anyway so that worked out well. Full roof, split windshield, winch, bed extender, underdash storage dealy, and a back window that I'm not sure about but probably will work out to where I will keep it.

Already ordered some LED light bars for front and rear, a hillbilly park brake thing, a heavier duty bed assist opener thing, and a splash guard for the one that is duct tapped right now. Ordered the hood buttons to do the rear door storage modification also.

I've been looking for a while but machines have been stupid expensive for used ones and just couldn't justify buying a new machine when I have ones that are adequate already. I like the idea of the flip up seats and mainly have been looking at the 700-4 machines but a 1000-5 showed up in Facebook Marketplace for a reasonable price and I measured my garage on my Toy Hauler to verify and thought I might be able to get it to fit. I actually pulled my Toy Hauler to pick it up and if it fit I was going to buy it. Had to take the fairlead off the front and I'll be replacing it with a flat version and I'm going to have to cut part of the roof as it fit but the door wasn't able to seal shut but I ended up coming home with it.

Has just over 3,600 miles on it, one owner and the final agreed upon price was $10,500.

View attachment 422507View attachment 422508View attachment 422509View attachment 422510

I've been doing some reading here already and will be doing more in the future for sure. Biggest thing I need to do is sort out what recalls have been done and what still needs to be done. Previous owner said they were religious about annual maintenance but didn't seem to have a good grasp on the recalls for the clutch, water ingestion, etc. It was primarily used on a small farm and seems to be in pretty good shape.

Thanks for all the previous posts that I was able to read people's experiences on and I'll be checking back in as I make modifications and have things pop up that need dealing with.
Nice score on the buggy and welcome from Ohio

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Welcome from upstate central New

Many good people and information on Honda Forum

Fyi: A Few are more full of themselves than others

Red was the first Color All other colors followed ( Honda Hope's they sell )

Live to be <> SOS <> SLOWER/ OLDER / SMARTER

Nice Toy & Hauler Enjoy & Make Memories

npaden

npaden

Mar 22, 2024
Lubbock, Texas
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Got the roof trimmed back to where I’m 99% sure it will fit in the trailer with the door all the way shut. Got a flat fairlead put on also but didn’t take a picture of it.

IMG 9219

Used a jigsaw with a 20 tooth per inch blade and it did a really good job. Think I picked that tip up on here reading some older threads. I was expecting to still have to get a file or sander after it but it came out very clean. Might run a torch on it to smooth it a little but it doesn’t feel any different that the other edges that are factory.

Basically instead of sticking out a couple inches in the middle it goes in a bit. Will be the perfect spot to put a 20” LED strip to see behind me.

npaden

npaden

Mar 22, 2024
Lubbock, Texas
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Can’t figure out how to quote on my phone but this is in response to Post 3 above.

Thanks! I just ordered the quick shield today after looking around on the forum. It has some shielding in place already but I figured more wouldn’t hurt. Looking at my back window it is going to be a pain to take that all apart to get the back part of the quick shield on but oh well.

Thanks for the picture of the improved clutch cover. I for sure I’ll be checking that out. It didn’t have the updated air box up front so I have that on order to fix the possible water ingestion issue. Previous owner said he didn’t ever have issues but didn’t think he had ever driven through much water either.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You got a sweet deal! Lookin good and nice intro. Little hint on that mid panel. Front window open with rear open. Front window closed rear window closed. Don’t worry about your roof cause it’s actually an upper skid plate. Welcome to the club.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Can’t figure out how to quote on my phone but this is in response to Post 3 above.

Thanks! I just ordered the quick shield today after looking around on the forum. It has some shielding in place already but I figured more wouldn’t hurt. Looking at my back window it is going to be a pain to take that all apart to get the back part of the quick shield on but oh well.

Thanks for the picture of the improved clutch cover. I for sure I’ll be checking that out. It didn’t have the updated air box up front so I have that on order to fix the possible water ingestion issue. Previous owner said he didn’t ever have issues but didn’t think he had ever driven through much water either.
You are welcome. If you hit reply in the bottom right hand of the post it will look like this.

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Another welcome from The Great Lakes State. Not to be confused with being a great state though. Unless you are a commie, then you will love it here.

Good lookin’ rig 👍🏼

#NTC

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from another Michigander

And welcome to the 16’ club! Nice buggy.
The 16’ becoming to be an old relic here. Not to many of us left thats owned them from the start either many have bailed on them and moved on. Be sure to have a dealer run that vin# and make sure all recalls on that puppy were done. Especially that clutch campaign.
Thanks @Mopower58 for posting the clutch cover for this gentleman 👍🏻

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Welcome from another Michigander

And welcome to the 16’ club! Nice buggy.
The 16’ becoming to be an old relic here.....but given that it's a Honda it's still the same as '21 (and a '23 for the most part) cause Honda doesn't change just for the sake of change..... Not to many of us left thats owned them from the start either many have bailed on them and moved on. Be sure to have a dealer run that vin# and make sure all recalls on that puppy were done. Especially that clutch campaign.
Thanks @Mopower58 for posting the clutch cover for this gentleman 👍🏻

Fixed it for yah Rem 😆

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!