Mar 22, 2024
Lubbock, Texas
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hahaha love it! šŸ˜œ
They are same in many ways for sho!
But the 16ā€™ is still more fucā€™d up more than other yrs combined šŸ¤£
The Facebook Marketplace listing had it as a 2017 model. I did some basic research beforehand and felt okay about it and did see some of the stuff on the 2016 models but didn't think it mattered. I think the clutch cover and the air intake were both fixed for the 2017 model.

After the negotiations and with it loaded in my trailer we went to do the paperwork and the title says 2016. We discussed the recalls for the 2016 and he wasn't sure whether they were done or not. I think it was just a mistake as his wife did the marketplace listing. Still feel decent about the transaction, just a bit more to sort through on the recalls.

scttwlsn45

scttwlsn45

Supporting Member
Feb 8, 2024
Farmington, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Will be the perfect spot to put a 20ā€ LED strip to see behind me.
Welcome from WV. If I could make a suggestion get the reverse light kit with two lights from the club store and the work light harness. I donā€™t think youā€™ll get a light bar as bright being it has a bunch of combination spot/flood leds packed into each light

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
The Facebook Marketplace listing had it as a 2017 model. I did some basic research beforehand and felt okay about it and did see some of the stuff on the 2016 models but didn't think it mattered. I think the clutch cover and the air intake were both fixed for the 2017 model.

After the negotiations and with it loaded in my trailer we went to do the paperwork and the title says 2016. We discussed the recalls for the 2016 and he wasn't sure whether they were done or not. I think it was just a mistake as his wife did the marketplace listing. Still feel decent about the transaction, just a bit more to sort through on the recalls.
I think you did well, looks like a clean rig. After the updates are done there's really no difference to the newer models

npaden

npaden

Mar 22, 2024
Lubbock, Texas
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Welcome from WV. If I could make a suggestion get the reverse light kit with two lights from the club store and the work light harness. I donā€™t think youā€™ll get a light bar as bright being it has a bunch of combination spot/flood leds packed into each light
Too late. I bought the NiLight kit with the 52" curved for the front and a 20" straight for the back plus 4 little 4" pods. LED lights are WAY cheaper than the last time I bought some. It was $134 for all of them with 2 wiring harnesses.

I didn't really think I needed the extra 4" pods but I think I am going to put 2 on the sides on the 1000-5 and then possibly put the other 2 as back up lights on my Rzr 570. It has a good light bar for the front but not the back. To be honest I hadn't ever really thought I needed one for the back but with the dump bed maybe I might.

Haven't decided on the dual battery setup yet but leaning that way. I've always just kept a jump starter pack and a air compressor on my machines and didn't even think of a dual battery before reading on here. Of course there really isn't a place to put a dual battery on my Rzr anyway.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Too late. I bought the NiLight kit with the 52" curved for the front and a 20" straight for the back plus 4 little 4" pods. LED lights are WAY cheaper than the last time I bought some. It was $134 for all of them with 2 wiring harnesses.

I didn't really think I needed the extra 4" pods but I think I am going to put 2 on the sides on the 1000-5 and then possibly put the other 2 as back up lights on my Rzr 570. It has a good light bar for the front but not the back. To be honest I hadn't ever really thought I needed one for the back but with the dump bed maybe I might.

Haven't decided on the dual battery setup yet but leaning that way. I've always just kept a jump starter pack and a air compressor on my machines and didn't even think of a dual battery before reading on here. Of course there really isn't a place to put a dual battery on my Rzr anyway.
Like my side cubes

scttwlsn45

scttwlsn45

Supporting Member
Feb 8, 2024
Farmington, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Haven't decided on the dual battery setup yet but leaning that way. I've always just kept a jump starter pack and an air compressor on my machines and didn't even think of a dual battery before reading on here. Of course there really isn't a place to put a dual battery on my Rzr anyway.
When you go to install I think the club store has a diy backup light pigtail. It plugs into a provision Honda put in for a backup siren. This makes the lights come on automatically whenever the machine is in reverse. Which is super nice, except for the times you donā€™t want them on or you want them on a toggle. That is where the work light harness comes into play. It pits it on a switch where you can run them on auto with reverse, completely off or on regardless of what mode the transmission is in. Good looking machine, I have a three with the same hard rear panel

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I think the clutch cover and the air intake were both fixed for the 2017 model.
They were in the 18ā€™s
16&17ā€™s had those issues.
We discussed the recalls for the 2016 and he wasn't sure whether they were done or not.
You usually know if u had them done. So Id just make sure as soon as you can make the time to do so.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There should be vehicle sticker above the right rear wheel attached to the frame that will tell the year of the machine. One trouble I had with my 2018 was the fan not coming on and over heating. I had it reflashed as per the service campaign and haven't had trouble since. According to the paper work it just effects 2017-2019 but it might be something to check. Looks like you got a great deal and wonderful machine. Enjoy.

npaden

npaden

Mar 22, 2024
Lubbock, Texas
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Trying to decide if I should just keep adding to this thread or start a new one for all the add ons.

Figured out that I donā€™t have the updated clutch housing and am working on that. I did post a different thread for it. Got the 20ā€ light bar put in the back.

IMG 9241

Got the strut replaced so the bed actually opens thanks to the thread by

Dirtstiffs-1000

And got the HillyBilly brake installed tonight. I need it to load in my trailer because the slop in the gears lets it rock too far backwards and it wonā€™t fit. This should lock it in place perfectly.

IMG 9250

Think Iā€™m taking it in to get the recalls done and the improved clutch housing put in so probably wonā€™t have many updates for a while.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Trying to decide if I should just keep adding to this thread or start a new one for all the add ons.

Figured out that I donā€™t have the updated clutch housing and am working on that. I did post a different thread for it. Got the 20ā€ light bar put in the back.

View attachment 423022

Got the strut replaced so the bed actually opens thanks to the thread by

Dirtstiffs-1000

And got the HillyBilly brake installed tonight. I need it to load in my trailer because the slop in the gears lets it rock too far backwards and it wonā€™t fit. This should lock it in place perfectly.

View attachment 423019

Think Iā€™m taking it in to get the recalls done and the improved clutch housing put in so probably wonā€™t have many updates for a while.
Keep this thread going. You can change the title

Reactions: npaden and ChadD
npaden

npaden

Mar 22, 2024
Lubbock, Texas
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I was inspired by getting new LED light bars for the new to me P1K5 so I decided to add them to my tractor.

The work lights that were on there werenā€™t much better than candles so it was quite the upgrade. Used it tonight and couldnā€™t even tell when I turned the headlights on the front light bar was so bright.

Hereā€™s an older picture of it with the old lights.
IMG 0756

Pictures from tonight with the new lights installed. Took the pictures just before sunset so you can actually see the lights. I added some flood lights on the side that allow me to see beside it which is nice.

39ā€ light bar on front. 4ā€ flood pod on the side.
IMG 9360

You can see the angle of the 4ā€ flood pod. I was originally thinking of angling it directly to the side but the way the bracket was it angled it toward the front and I think it is better this way. There is a very small gap between the side and back but just a tiny one.

IMG 9362

6.5ā€ pods with spot and flood combo on the back. Very bright.
IMG 9364

Overall very happy with how they turned out. Not sure why I havenā€™t done this years ago but glad I bought the P1K5 so it made me think about it. Iā€™m adding some more lights to my RZR too.

The dealer is done with the new clutch housing and new clutch and Iā€™ll be picking it up next Tuesday so hopefully Iā€™ll start making progress on it soon.

Last edited:
npaden

npaden

Mar 22, 2024
Lubbock, Texas
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Got the machine back today.

Recalls were:

New muffler guard.
IMG 9391

New gas pedal:
IMG 9392

New throttle body:

And new steering knuckle:
IMG 9394

New clutch and housing was a $1,615 hit since the service campaign has been over for more than 3 years now. They did save the old clutch to show me and it did seem pretty burnt.

Drove it around a bit when I got it home and not sure I noticed a big difference. That said I only drove it about a mile before taking it in so not much to measure it against.

Iā€™ll try to get the 2nd battery and lights and other fun stuff put in this weekend.

Last edited:
npaden

npaden

Mar 22, 2024
Lubbock, Texas
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Went ahead and replaced the fender flare with one I bought online. Found one for just $25 online but shipping was $44. Still cheaper than buying local.

IMG 9395

IMG 9396

Going to have to drill some holes to get the mud flap back on and the very front hole isnā€™t lining up so I think Iā€™m going to have to drill that one too.

Still a big improvement over the broken duct tapped version that was on it.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Drove it around a bit when I got it home and not sure I noticed a big difference. That said I only drove it about a mile before taking it in so not much to measure it against.
There is a marked difference in shifting and more smoothness. Also can run in high at lower speeds without issues.
If they where burnt before and you only drove it a mile before, yeah hard to actually notice.
Good thing you got it done tho!

Reactions: ChadD
O

ob1jeeper

Dec 20, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A bit late to the party, but welcome from AZ. I have the identical 2016 unit, and I believe you will come to love it... ;)

Reactions: ChadD and npaden

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!