P1000 Shifting Problems

E

elkmoose

Jan 29, 2023
wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
I purchased the Honda 1000-6 and I have some concern about how it is shifting from 2w drive to turf and from 4w drive to 4w drive dif lock. In most cases it will not shift unless I move some and sometimes it takes quite a while before it shifts. It is not always the same. And how fast can you go to try and get it to shift before you tear something up? Is it suppose to shift without moving? I guess Im trying to find out what is acceptable shifting. Thanks

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from once great Michigan

We need some info first before we can proceed.
What year, model, miles is your rig?
We also require pics of it to make sure your not a Poo Poo (Polaris) Infiltrator.
As we say...Pics Or It Didn't Happen!

As for your issue, depending on the rig, ALWAYS check our search up top first. There's tons of info in there that I'm sure will fix this issue, cable adjustment and rear diff adjustment.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I purchased the Honda 1000-6 and I have some concern about how it is shifting from 2w drive to turf and from 4w drive to 4w drive dif lock. In most cases it will not shift unless I move some and sometimes it takes quite a while before it shifts. It is not always the same. And how fast can you go to try and get it to shift before you tear something up? Is it suppose to shift without moving? I guess Im trying to find out what is acceptable shifting. Thanks
On the 22s and 23s the the rear diff lock cable at the rear diff needs to be adjusted per the manual.
I can say that it goes into and out of a little easier with time. And keep in mind that it will vary in engagement depending on circumstances.
I always try to anticipate when I will need to shift and do so when there is no driveline bind and wheels straight

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It tells you how to do it in the manual. You have to turn side to side.
Read this post in another thread, it has a good example.
Have a good day

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve found that on my 2018 P1k5 that I only have to be completely stopped is when changing between high and low. The other changes work fine when under 5-10 mph as long as nothing is in a bind, ie; turning, any type of loading or unloading of the drive train. Even if stopped and trying to go from 4high to 2 high or turf it my take up to 10 to 15 ft.without bind to actually shift.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!