P1000m3 shifting to 2nd gear issue, 12 mph

R

Rbt

Dec 18, 2017
South
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Today while riding with my daughter my 1000 shifted from 1st to 2nd gear around 12 or 13 mph and sort of acted like it was bogging down, slugging, but would not go any faster. My first thought was water in fuel, but 1st gear runs great, idling great, all day long running as it should. When shifting to 2nd it would do nothing, the more you pushed the gas the more it bogged down.

Not sure where to start, do you guys have any ideas? I have been using this board for a long time, I really enjoy it.
Thank-you

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Today while riding with my daughter my 1000 shifted from 1st to 2nd gear around 12 or 13 mph and sort of acted like it was bogging down, slugging, but would not go any faster. My first thought was water in fuel, but 1st gear runs great, idling great, all day long running as it should. When shifting to 2nd it would do nothing, the more you pushed the gas the more it bogged down.

Not sure where to start, do you guys have any ideas? I have been using this board for a long time, I really enjoy it.
Thank-you
What year?

R

Rbt

Dec 18, 2017
South
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My 16 doesn't have that circuit, I don't remember what year Honda added it.
2018, You know, my daughter did mention she unhooked the seat belt. I usually keep them hooked together. The Honda is on the farm 200 miles away or I would run out, snap the seat belts together and run it. I will not be back for two weeks, this is going to bug me till I can check it.

Thanks, a great place to start.

H

HondaTech

2018, You know, my daughter did mention she unhooked the seat belt. I usually keep them hooked together. The Honda is on the farm 200 miles away or I would run out, snap the seat belts together and run it. I will not be back for two weeks, this is going to bug me till I can check it.

Just a reminder, it's the drivers side buckle only that must be plugged in to override the speed limiter.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Don't let it bug you. The seat belt is 99.99% for sure the problem. 🤔

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's an "easy to bypass" interlock. I just made a little jumper wire , stripping the ends of a short piece of wire and "plugging that in". Then used some butyl rubber caulk tape (sticks to stuff and to itself, stays sticky and removable - handy, you need some), to seal the plug.

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well, now that @bumperm mentioned seat belt bypass, I have to post how I did mine. 👍
And No, I do not think the club store has them made to order.........yet. ;) haha
Have a good day

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!