Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine goes from 2 wheel lock just about instant and takes a few seconds to lock into all 4 wheel drive. It just won’t come out of two wheel lock into turf mode
Mine was exactly the same. The dealer said they adjusted. No change. I watched the video and did it myself and never looked back. Shifts from 2 wheel to turf and back quickly.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine takes 100 yards or so the change in or out, I normally go straight from turf to i4WD. does that sound like I need to fine tune?
Mine took about that long until I adjusted everything, now display shows in / out of i4WD in 40 (sometimes less) to no more than 60 feet. Turf to rear lock is much less, maybe 20 feet max. With rear end lifted and in neutral, it's within a turn of one rear wheel, though that doesn't seem to translate that quickly to when driving.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dealers won't warranty the adjustment because they claim its a maintenance item as stated in the service manual which is bull crap when many new machines literal brand new machines have this issue. My local dealer told me they wouldn't warranty it, they wanted $125 to adjust it, and the dealer I purchased from who is over a hour away told me they do not warranty cover this but they would adjust it as a courtesy for me for free. I didn't want to make the drive so I adjusted it myself.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine took about that long until I adjusted everything, now display shows in / out of i4WD in 40 (sometimes less) to no more than 60 feet. Turf to rear lock is much less, maybe 20 feet max. With rear end lifted and in neutral, it's within a turn of one rear wheel, though that doesn't seem to translate that quickly to when driving.
Mine does exactly like this after I adjusted it.

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Adjusted mine as in video, worked great.
Something the book said, that I am wondering if some of you old hats are forgetting, but us new guys sure need to know.
"After changing the drive mode, drive several yards, making right and left turns"
When up in the air, you are the one doing the turn right, turn left, by only moving one wheel. So, the gear switching is quick, and no pressure on the system at all.
I have not had the rear end apart, but it doesn't really matter, gears are gears, are gears.
You make them mesh, and they like to stay that way, until you pull them apart, or they push themselves apart. Looking at the system, the only spring I see is inside the adjuster box. That little spring has to move them gears. Granted, probably pretty small gears. I work on 18 wheelers, so big difference.
So, for us new guys, here is a picture to help.
Drive mode changig

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!