P1000 Shifting problems

Mimbs15

Mimbs15

Jul 14, 2020
Jax Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2020 Pioneer 1000, about 4000 miles. I've been having shifting issues at times and it threw a code this past week. And for the life of me i can't remeber what the heck it was. I wanna say like 6 long and 2 short or vs vesus. But i dont see that in service manual. It will shift hard as hell thru the gears almost like it's doin a super short shift, with bo delay. But at times shift fine. If that makes sense. Any help greatly appreciated

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Now your gonna have to clear a few things up first.

Do u have a 16’ or a 20’ or both?
you have 4 posts and all 4 you started with the pretty much the same question/issue 2 about a 16’ and 2 about a 20’. U said in one post youd get pics and haven't. This is the kind of situations why we say ….
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

Reactions: Smitty335 and CID
Mimbs15

Mimbs15

Jul 14, 2020
Jax Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, well sorry about that. I deleted the other post. My dad's was a 16 and it wasnt shifting or anything and I forgot all about taking the pics on what we found. But it was at the solenoids underneath and it ties to a plug. We found bare wires there at that plug. It's kinda hangs close to the rear drive shaft. And mines a 20 and it is shifting just super hard. I do believe these are separate issues, one wasn't shifting and mine is shifting.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Ok, well sorry about that. I deleted the other post. My dad's was a 16 and it wasnt shifting or anything and I forgot all about taking the pics on what we found. But it was at the solenoids underneath and it ties to a plug. We found bare wires there at that plug. It's kinda hangs close to the rear drive shaft. And mines a 20 and it is shifting just super hard. I do believe these are separate issues, one wasn't shifting and mine is shifting.
Thanks for clearing that up. You dont have to delete the other post, it might help someone else with the same issue sometime. Just being new with few posts and 2 different machines with not ever doing an intro and pics or explanations makes people wonder WTF? 😂
Weve had a few infiltrators/scabs in the past.
Now you might get some help on this. Try using the search and the google option, this might have been discussed. @HondaTech might have some insite for you as well. Be ready to have some info as well like, Has it been swamped or Deep under water, tire size, tune etc.

Mimbs15

Mimbs15

Jul 14, 2020
Jax Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I gotcha and totally understand that. I'll do an intro and all now. Is there a place or topic to do this in?

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I gotcha and totally understand that. I'll do an intro and all now.
All good. Will get you fixed up. Wish I had an answer for ya. The right folk will come around eventually. Be patiant

Reactions: Smitty335
Mimbs15

Mimbs15

Jul 14, 2020
Jax Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll ck that. Yeah it's weird sometimes it does it and sometimes it don't. We were at Windrock this past week and it was more consistent

Last edited:
Reactions: Remington

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!