P500 Pulled the trigger on a P5 Camo.

ShotgunClay

ShotgunClay

Mar 13, 2018
Founders Ranch New Mexico
Ownership

1. 500
So far I've gone for the Strongmade rear basket, Honda Bimini roof, Superatv flip up windshield, and most importantly the box!
It's a work vehicle so it's on hardpack dirt and gravel 90+% of the time, but when it comes time for tires - I know exactly where I'm going.

Reactions: nctrailboss
nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
And you missed the...Trigger Shield - double sided rubber finish option.
Naw,did'nt forget,it's included in the "on and on and on" part.LoL..Then...there's the free mods,swaybar delete,lower the tire pressure,[this will smell good if you already did the scented air mod]reverse lever mod,seat belt thing,rotate the center cap in the steering wheel so it reads Honda correctly when yer tipped over,driving as many miles as you can early on to hasten the rear diff from whining,adjusting the clutch correctly,strapping a milk crate on the rear rack,ect.,ect.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 159423 View attachment 159422

Hi all. I finally pulled the trigger on a P5. I went looking for a bone stock green one that was on sale, but got "up-sold" to this camouflage one with the top, windshield and 14inch rims with 27s. Couldn't pass up the price they worked out and basically got the wheels and tires for free. I'm going to make a bed for it and put some lights and a radio in there, but otherwise it is pretty much ready to roll.

Any ideas for other accessories?

Thanks.
Electrovasculating Apocipiter Time Delayment Sequencer....

Reactions: Mudder
Badblubug

Badblubug

Oct 28, 2017
North woods
Ownership

1. 500
No you did'nt,,LoL You are asking for trouble..Might as well asked what oil to use!They are going to tell you Power steering,front locker,box,extra battery,winch,lights,fuzzy dice,back enclosure,Walker Evans shocks,bed or box for the rear,curb finders,flavored air for the tires,short wave radio,on and on and on.....Good thing you already have tires and wheels,that would start a shiiitz storm.LoL Welcome to the club!

Lol... sounds about right

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Flux Capacitor.

Flux

JWard03

JWard03

May 20, 2019
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Waiting for Amazon to carry it, Prime free shipping.
https://www.oreillyauto.com/flux-capacitor

@JWard03 , what type of terrain in your part of NC?

I'll be using it for hunting a couple tracts of land and then for fun in the mountains. I'm an hour from Buscoe Beach, 2 1/2 from the Uhwarries and 4 from Pisgah. Not really looking to put it in big mud holes unless I have to.

Reactions: nctrailboss
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I'll be using it for hunting a couple tracts of land and then for fun in the mountains. I'm an hour from Buscoe Beach, 2 1/2 from the Uhwarries and 4 from Pisgah. Not really looking to put it in big mud holes unless I have to.
Have similar size tires and it does good. Was going to mention something like Ricochet Rock Sliders if rough terrain. Decent protection if not wanting to spend alot for full skid plates.
Floorboard Skids for Honda Pioneer 500 - Side By Side Stuff

D52D3857 1A1E 495F 8838 2A0E218F55FF

Reactions: DaddyDubbs
P

powerfitz

Nov 11, 2014

Hi all. I finally pulled the trigger on a P5. I went looking for a bone stock green one that was on sale, but got "up-sold" to this camouflage one with the top, windshield and 14inch rims with 27s. Couldn't pass up the price they worked out and basically got the wheels and tires for free. I'm going to make a bed for it and put some lights and a radio in there, but otherwise it is pretty much ready to roll.

Thanks.

Do not pressure wash the body panels. The camouflage will start to come off and Honda will not back it up. That is the first thing they will ask you if you pressure wash your machine and it’s your fault. Other than that I have the 500 pioneer and it is one of the best machines I’ve ever owned

JWard03

JWard03

May 20, 2019
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Do not pressure wash the body panels. The camouflage will start to come off and Honda will not back it up. That is the first thing they will ask you if you pressure wash your machine and it’s your fault. Other than that I have the 500 pioneer and it is one of the best machines I’ve ever owned
Great advice. Thank you.

Mudcat

Mudcat

May 1, 2019
Aiken, SC
Ownership

1. 500

Thanks.
Get you a Heat Shield from Trigger. You can find him on here. It really cuts down on the heat under the seat

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Thanks.
Congrats!

N

Nathan_Davis

Mar 17, 2019
Old Fort N.C.
Ownership

1. 500

Thanks.
Good looking p5.From WNC.

T

TJoffroad

Dec 14, 2018
Snow Camp NC
Ownership

1. 500

2. Do not currently own

Thanks.

Welcome to the Forum. Nice looking rig. Good to see another camo. This forum is the best. You will enjoy the 500 and accessorizing it. I'm in central NC, Snow Camp to be exact. Im going to trail head WV on Oct 25 for 3 days with some friends. Come on with it

JWard03

JWard03

May 20, 2019
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome to the Forum. Nice looking rig. Good to see another camo. This forum is the best. You will enjoy the 500 and accessorizing it. I'm in central NC, Snow Camp to be exact. Im going to trail head WV on Oct 25 for 3 days with some friends. Come on with it
Sounds fun. I've got a ton of work for the P5 to do for a while on my hunting land. I'm definitely looking to see what trails and ATV parks are reachable on the weekends.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!