P700 Putting doors on my P700 thoughts.

SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I swore last fall after deer season that I was going to install doors on my P700. Having second thoughts now. The fabric kind. I believe they are around $500. Can not make up my mind on it. Any thoughts on install or any thoughts period on them?

Reactions: Mudwing and Russ989
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I swore last fall after deer season that I was going to install doors on my P700. Having second thoughts now. The fabric kind. I believe they are around $500. Can not make up my mind on it. Any thoughts on install or any thoughts period on them?
That’s a tough one. I’m on the fence myself. I guess they are better than nothing at all but they don’t look like they seal very well.

Reactions: Mudwing
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
Ive had em since i bought mine (2015). For what they are, they are worth the money in my eyes. We ride all winter here in NH and i use the pioneer to plow snow having the doors really makes it tolerable. Most of the time we don't need to turn the heater on.

SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Im here in Arkansas. Its not really about cold. Its all mud clods slinging when I ride muddy roads when Im hunting.

Technoguru

Technoguru

Lifetime Member
May 8, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm in the same boat. I want to do doors, but just do not know enough. I hate the zippers. I am ok with zippered windows, but not to open and close the door. These tend not to last long in the cold U.P. winters. Anyone have suggestions on doors that work without zippers?

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
its worth the buy. i have the 700-4 with complete soft enclosure. they are very easy to remove for summer time and they block alot of wind and mud. last good ride i went on during winter running dogs. 20 degrees outside. anything under 20 i was comfortable in just a long sleeve shirt almost.

SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm still thinking about it. But, is probably going be one of those last minute things in August or September.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm still thinking about it. But, is probably going be one of those last minute things in August or September.
the front is easy to take off just a allen head bolt on the top of the plastic doorand 2 velcro plastic channels where the pipe sits in . i took front and back doors off or on in about 15 mins alone. rear doors are a little harder but they arent bolted they are basically just strapped to roll barwith a hinge inside .

L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
i would like to have them in the Winter as well. I have saved a thread somewhere in my favorites where someone made a set that looked nicer than OEM and less $$$.

Thinking that I might end up buying a snow blade this Fall and build the doors after the mowing season is over.

If you aren't into that, I think you can find threads here where others found some insulation strips that filled in the gaps and looked good as well. Just have to poke around some to find it. No doubt it will pop up later in the year.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
i would like to have them in the Winter as well. I have saved a thread somewhere in my favorites where someone made a set that looked nicer than OEM and less $$$.

Thinking that I might end up buying a snow blade this Fall and build the doors after the mowing season is over.

If you aren't into that, I think you can find threads here where others found some insulation strips that filled in the gaps and looked good as well. Just have to poke around some to find it. No doubt it will pop up later in the year.
in the stock ones they fill the gaps with a thin plastic strips that are bolted to the window frames does pretty good on mine and still lasting. or you could look into the sealing rubber on a jeep door. look for cj style that would probably be the cheapest and the thickest

Reactions: L2R
R

Raymassman

Mar 28, 2020
Michugan
Ownership

1. 700-4
Does any one have pics of the doors open if they hinge or got to unzip the top half to get out

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
The front and back windows open with the door. There us a strap that hooks to the latch inside that stick out and you pull to open from outside

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
I dont have picture of them open but the strap right in the middle hanging A414978c66567df16801da727679bc9f

R

Raymassman

Mar 28, 2020
Michugan
Ownership

1. 700-4
The front and back windows open with the door. There us a strap that hooks to the latch inside that stick out and you pull to open from outside

Do you have any photos and what brand? Im looking at buying some soon

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have the honda ones. But iv seen there are cheaper ones out there. The honda has been nice but they dont like the sun. The plastic where mine rolls down got brittle and the button part cracked. But could easily lasted longer than 6 yrs with a little convertible top maintenance stuff

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yeah the back work the same takes about 5 minutes to take off about 10 minutes to put all 4 back on.

R

Raymassman

Mar 28, 2020
Michugan
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have the honda ones. But iv seen there are cheaper ones out there. The honda has been nice but they dont like the sun. The plastic where mine rolls down got brittle and the button part cracked. But could easily lasted longer than 6 yrs with a little convertible top maintenance stuff

Are they easily removable for summer

R

Raymassman

Mar 28, 2020
Michugan
Ownership

1. 700-4
Sweet thanks do you kno what other company off the top of ur head makes similar ones?

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yeah i the fronts are nothing but allen head bolt and velcro. The rears are a few pull straps and velcro. Super easy to take off and put on

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!