P500 Quartzsite Arizona

Garlicfarmer

Garlicfarmer

Jan 27, 2023
Oregon
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I am planning on being in Quartzsite For a few months this winter 2023/ 2024.
Anyone with P-500's going to be around the area. Maybe we can all get together and boondock and do some riding and exploring the area.

Garlicfarmer

Garlicfarmer

Jan 27, 2023
Oregon
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
DAM...Would be fun...Not sure how far away Georgia is.
I am about 1100 miles from Quartzite. Maybe 3 day drive with Truck, Toy Hauler and Toy for me...
Gonna get out of the darn Oregon non stop winter rains this year. Had it after 45 years living here.
Summer Oregon. Arizona in the winter from now on. God Willing.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I rode somewhere around 1000 miles at Quartzsite last winter. Rode all 4 quadrants of Hwy 10 & 95. The problem with Quartzsite is the damn small rocks set in the trails, probably the roughest riding I've done. It's wide open and looks like you should be able to carry more speed but the rocks will put an end to that in short order.

Although it's 165 miles past Quartzsite, Ajo, AZ isn't as rocky. But there are fewer miles to be ridden there also, about 325 IIRC.

Quartzsite. Note the 'bald spot' in the upper left quadrant (light green), that's Indian Land and closed to us unless you get a permit. The bald spots in the lower left are military, don't go there. :oops: But well posted.
I NRzqjkt X2

Ajo. The orange track in the lower left may be off limits to SxS's, not sure but there were no forms to fill out in the boxes so I took a chance. It was off season, so I didn't see any rangers but maybe I got lucky. The Cabeza Prieta National Wildlife Refuge was clearly posted - Stay the Hell Out, Yer Not Welcome Here. :eek: You can see my many attempts on the green track to find a way in but they were all posted. That boundary is clearly marked on my GAIA GPS topo and I wouldn't have crossed it, their intent was clear - No Motor Vehicles. No reason to get areas closed. The red track into the upper right was steep and rocky, but fun. The scenery was awesome.
I 6DHKJQs X2

Last edited:
B

bartruff

Oct 2, 2017
Wenatchee, WA
Ownership

1. Big Red
I recall the story about Bouse....apparently Bouse left San Francisco to find himself and Bouse..... a mining town in the desert......miles from nowhere......and sent for his wife and children......shortly after they arrive, he was struck and killed by a rattlesnake.......the wife and kids returned immediately to San Francisco......and no one was ever able to prove that it was not an accident....

There is a WW2 tank there and a very rare small patch of grass that my dog enjoyed.....

Reactions: Smitty335
Killer223

Killer223

Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2019
Be sure to check out the Intaglios there are some all over the valley form the Mexico border to almost Oregon.

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!