P500 Question About a 700, four, base price

B

Bull500

Aug 11, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I am at my local dealer here in South Florida, they have a bass model pioneer 700, four. Their price 12,300, and they are telling me with tax tags title license freight set up fees 14,800. I understand taxes are about 800 here in Florida. So they’re trying to get me for 16 or 1700 for everything else is that a good deal or should I move onto the next dealer

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
When purchasing Anything :: Now Days you have to Get More than ONE Price.
Just to find Out if your getting a FAIR Price.

The quote you have appears high :: dealer is adding everything they can & then more on Top of that.

Shop around you'll have more $$$ for accessories.

I'll pay fair price. I Will Not fur line there pockets.

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Definitely get a few prices. Maybe you can haggle some of the set up fees off. This is a crappie market to buy in though.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
If you want it now get it. It’s a sellers market. I walked into my local Honda dealer and bought my ‘17 that day. With everything it came out to $14,999. Our taxes are way higher. If you’re financing it’s only a few dollars more a month. The dealer still gives me a fifteen percent customer discount too. The 7hundo is a solid machine. Cost to own is low. I can’t count how many times a year I say “it’s paid for itself.” 😎🤣

Reactions: trigger
alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
It truly is a sellers market and appears to be so for literally everything. However, I think if you are patient you will get a good deal off of Facebook or craigslist where someone got upside down on a deal with literally no miles/hours.

Reactions: Mudwing
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I am at my local dealer here in South Florida, they have a bass model pioneer 700, four. Their price 12,300, and they are telling me with tax tags title license freight set up fees 14,800. I understand taxes are about 800 here in Florida. So they’re trying to get me for 16 or 1700 for everything else is that a good deal or should I move onto the next dealer
No

Reactions: alloutdoors
Raghorn

Raghorn

Aug 26, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Sounds like they are adding taxes, title/registration, set up, and destination charges.

They will not budge on taxes and the title/registration, as those are paid to the state. So you may be able to negotiate on the base price, set up, freight or accessories.

I would shop around, if reasonably possible, as you don't want to burn up time/fuel if it won't pay off. Try calling around for out the door (OTD) pricing, but I know some dealers may be hesitant to give pricing as they want to deal in person and probably get tired of just giving quotes.

If the dealer is having a harder time moving stock, the more power you'll have. If not, then you'll likely pay full retail.

Good luck! Also, if you can swing the deluxe, I would do that in the 700-4 all day for the power steering and paddle shifters alone.

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!