P500 Question on install

Yellowbeast

Yellowbeast

May 29, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 500
I’m getting ready to buy power steering for my p500. My question is when wiring it up do I need to run the power back to the battery or can I run it from the accessory sub harness? I would then run the ground wire to the frame.

Reactions: Mudder
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Install instructions in PDF attached to this post below. Should answer questions if you read them.

Attachments

• IN-PS-3-54.pdf (1).pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 132
Reactions: Mudder and hallic
CaboJim

CaboJim

Nov 1, 2018
Washougal WA
Ownership

1. 500
That two hour install took me four hours over the course of two nights. Knocking the dirt off the skid plate hardware, hooking the leads to the battery that already have lights and winch leads on there. Getting the battery cover back on was a B$tch. Good thing I was drinking beer:) I should have added EPS last year, what a difference.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I ran PS motor power off the added 6 ga lead for the winch, key on wire for PS ran off the OEM sub harness.

Reactions: T Bone

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!