P500 R2C airfilter

gmacaluso

gmacaluso

Sep 16, 2018
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
Has anyone purchased an R2C air filter and pre-filter for the P500? Purchased both from Rocky Mountain ATV to fit and neither does. Rocky Mountain is stumped. No flange on filter for connection clamp, internal alum.frame does not fit inside and pre-filter too small.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
This is an old thread but I wanted to comment on it anyway for others that may be researching the topic.

I'm an R2C dealer and according to R2C the OR10537 air filter fits the TRX500 (Honda part #17254-HN1-000), Pioneer 500 and 700 (Honda part #17211-HP0-A00). The only thing this does not account for is the contact foam filter for the crankcase vent.

R2C does not list a Filter Guard for this specific air filter.

Photo link will take you to my store for more information.

OR10537 TRX500

gmacaluso

gmacaluso

Sep 16, 2018
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
This is an old thread but I wanted to comment on it anyway for others that may be researching the topic.

I'm an R2C dealer and according to R2C the OR10537 air filter fits the TRX500 (Honda part #17254-HN1-000), Pioneer 500 and 700 (Honda part #17211-HP0-A00). The only thing this does not account for is the contact foam filter for the crankcase vent.

R2C does not list a Filter Guard for this specific air filter.

Photo link will take you to my store for more information.

View attachment 235596
Highpocket: Thanks for the note. The one you picture was the second filter that RockyMountain ATV/SXS sent to me when the first one did not fit (did not have the bottom flange pictured). In my case the filter sent did not fit over the air intake manifold, rather the flange (black part at the bottom) shown fit INSIDE the manifold making it unclampable. Second, there were no instructions for what to do with the aluminum structural filter that fit inside the original OEM foam filter.

So while it is very possible I still don't understand how to make it work, neither of these filters fit my Pioneer 500. I sent both back for a refund and ended up cleaning the OEM filter and reinstalling.

I suspect the R2C filter is the best option out there ... just don't understand if there is one that fits and if the aluminum structural filter (that's what I'm calling it) is not used in the R2C.

Any other info you have would be welcome as I'd like to use an R2C filter for its ease in cleaning.

Best,

Lil Red (gmacaluso)

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
R2C makes a TRX 420 filter also that you may have gotten that looksimilar.

You shouldn’t have to use the old cage at all with the R2C. That’s only internal support for the OEM foam.

The only other filter I’d recommend and have used a lot on my atvs is a uni. Those are great filters that work well but do require oiling.

Reactions: Duckhunt
gmacaluso

gmacaluso

Sep 16, 2018
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
R2C makes a TRX 420 filter also that you may have gotten that looksimilar.

You shouldn’t have to use the old cage at all with the R2C. That’s only internal support for the OEM foam.

The only other filter I’d recommend and have used a lot on my atvs is a uni. Those are great filters that work well but do require oiling.
Thank you.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
The only downside to the uni is the oil. On my RZR 800 I found out that on a hot day the oil would coat the mass air flow sensor which was very close to the filter. Idle would drop until it wouldn’t idle at all. Spray the sensor with cleaner and goes back to normal. So before trying a uni, see how close your sensor is to the oiled air filter.

Reactions: Tony21
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The only downside to the uni is the oil. On my RZR 800 I found out that on a hot day the oil would coat the mass air flow sensor which was very close to the filter. Idle would drop until it wouldn’t idle at all. Spray the sensor with cleaner and goes back to normal. So before trying a uni, see how close your sensor is to the oiled air filter.
Had that problem with my wife!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!