Radiator Honda Pioneer 1000

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a used radiator, machine has less than 100 miles and I touched the top corner with a drill bit 1st tube 1/2" from the side has a pin hole. I read you can JB weld it but just bought a new one instead. Asking $50

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I have a used radiator, machine has less than 100 miles and I touched the top corner with a drill bit 1st tube 1/2" from the side has a pin hole. I read you can JB weld it but just bought a new one instead. Asking $50
what was you doing with the drill ?

Reactions: dotman1
ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
what was you doing with the drill ?

Drilling a hole in the plastic close to the radiator and the drill bit caught the plastic and pulled it into the radiator before I could stop it. Just touched it but it did nick the top tube in the upper corner enough to make it leak. GRRRR

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
I'm guessing JB weld won't be strong enough. Most newer engines have around 15 PSI radiator caps. I haven't even looked at the radiator what does it look like its made from? If its aluminum on the tank it might be able to be tig welded back together.

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ordered a new one, just thought if someone needed one the radiator shop said it can be repaired. I read on the internet about the JB weld working on aluminum radiators sorry if that is not ture. It is not the tank it is th 1st tube down from the top 1/2" from the side pin hole.

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
I'm not sure if it would or wouldn't work. It was more of one of those I don't think I would trust it things. I miss the old radiators that weren't so fragile haha

Itsalljake

Itsalljake

Lifetime Member
Jan 27, 2016
Los Angeles
I'm guessing JB weld won't be strong enough. Most newer engines have around 15 PSI radiator caps. I haven't even looked at the radiator what does it look like its made from? If its aluminum on the tank it might be able to be tig welded back together.
JB weld not strong enough?!? If you can fix a tractor motor with it I'd expect it to hold up against 15psi. BarsLeak is also an amazing product.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!