P1000 Radio in 2022

NEfarm_ranch

NEfarm_ranch

Oct 3, 2021
Nebraska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 1000-3
I've seen lots of posts about radios and thought I'd share what I did. This radio setup has been really good to me. I initially installed it in a 2013 JD gator. At first I had the antenna on the underside of the roof and the speakers mounted in the rear corners behind the passenger and driver. In 2018 I traded the gator for a polaris 1000 and moved the unit into that machine. That is when I decided to mount the speakers on the radio mount and just threw the antenna on top of the radio box. When it was time to upgrade to the pioneer 1000-3 all I had to do is take out 2 bolts and unhook the power. This install was a little harder because I had to get a mount made because the roof bars were to far forward. The local welding shop did a great job and if I wear this machine out I should be able to quickly move the radio unit again. I bought a marine radio enclosure and speakers. It's a waterproof Kenwood radio and a simple wand antenna.

20230219 175719 20230219 175519 20230219 175619 20230219 175528

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Nothin like lasting durability. Youve likely moved it for the last time....

Reactions: Backwoods
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Being new to radios, is that radio compatible with the Rugged communication radios? Or is that a music radio? Is your antenna horizontal? Ground plane?

Reactions: Backwoods
NEfarm_ranch

NEfarm_ranch

Oct 3, 2021
Nebraska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 1000-3
Being new to radios, is that radio compatible with the Rugged communication radios? Or is that a music radio? Is your antenna horizontal? Ground plane?
The radio is only for music. Thats an example of the antenna I have. Not the exact one. I just have it laying on top of the white radio box. I have better reception in it than alot of my tractors.

SmartSelect 20230220 142833 Amazon Shopping

Reactions: CID and Backwoods
NEfarm_ranch

NEfarm_ranch

Oct 3, 2021
Nebraska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 1000-3
Nothin like lasting durability. Youve likely moved it for the last time....
That would be nice. I have high expectations for the durability of the pioneer. I use it everyday though so I'm guessing I'll get it wore out.

• Love
Reactions: CID
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That would be nice. I have high expectations for the durability of the pioneer. I use it everyday though so I'm guessing I'll get it wore out.
Pretty sure you will own it longer than the previous two you mention. Hope you enjoy.

Reactions: NEfarm_ranch
Papaandhistoys

Papaandhistoys

Aug 11, 2019
Backwoods of northern Michigan
I've seen lots of posts about radios and thought I'd share what I did. This radio setup has been really good to me. I initially installed it in a 2013 JD gator. At first I had the antenna on the underside of the roof and the speakers mounted in the rear corners behind the passenger and driver. In 2018 I traded the gator for a polaris 1000 and moved the unit into that machine. That is when I decided to mount the speakers on the radio mount and just threw the antenna on top of the radio box. When it was time to upgrade to the pioneer 1000-3 all I had to do is take out 2 bolts and unhook the power. This install was a little harder because I had to get a mount made because the roof bars were to far forward. The local welding shop did a great job and if I wear this machine out I should be able to quickly move the radio unit again. I bought a marine radio enclosure and speakers. It's a waterproof Kenwood radio and a simple wand antenna.

View attachment 374990 View attachment 374991 View attachment 374992 View attachment 374993

Great setup! Would you by chance have a link to that unit?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NEfarm_ranch

NEfarm_ranch

Oct 3, 2021
Nebraska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 1000-3
Great setup! Would you by chance have a link to that unit?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I made this setup 10 years ago so I'm just giving quick examples of what I did. Don't buy it all without researching for yourself that it will work.
Radio box-
Durable Universal Marine Stereo Cover - Water Resistant Boat Radio Protector Shield with Flip-Up Door & Neoprene Gasket - Compatible with Dual Shaft & DIN Style Stereos - Pyle PLMRCB3 , Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0037Z8GM4?tag=sxsweb24-20
Mine had a front cover but it broke off and I never replaced it. I threw away the plastic mounting bracket and had a steel one made.
Speakers-
4 Inches Heavy Duty Waterproof Boat Marine Box Outdoor Speakers Surface Mounted for Skid Steer ATV UTV RZR Golf Cart Tractor Powersports Boat Truck Jeep https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074CJ7G57?tag=sxsweb24-20
Threw away the cheap tin brackets and had steal ones made. Bolted them to the steel radio box bracket that I had made.
I used an antenna like I've posted above and went to an audio store and bought a waterproof radio that fit in the box I had. Works well, can be moved to different machines, but didn't buy it in one spot.
If you want better pictures of something specific just ask.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!