P1000 Ram Mount (Phone) Placement on windshield or ropes?

S

Spoof0ne

Aug 8, 2018
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am looking for a phone holder to see maps and control music while riding. It seems the majority are happy with Ram Mounts. I can't put the ram mount in the typical switch location as I often have my son with me in the middle seat. That area is prime for kicking while he's strapped in his car seat.

Has anyone attached the mount to a different location on the dash, the ropes or even the windshield? I believe I saw someone with it mounted in the center on a Super ATV split windshield. I am a little worried about a visibility issue with it at that spot and I'm hesitant on drilling holes unless I know that location works well.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JUWPI5G/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Suggestions welcomed.

IMG 4110

Reactions: sharp
Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Higher up less glare generally

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
I usually mount everything at roof line I can, because of glare and water most the time cant get that high up... most the time

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Look at “quadlock” for phones
2nd - you have to get specific phone case but locking in place is pretty si ple onehanded once you get the hang of it.

I usually mount everything at roof line I can, because of glare and water most the time cant get that high up... most the time
I never knew lol. I have my tablet up high, my phone is still on the dash - anything you secure to the dash is going to shake a little.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!