P1000 RamMount X-Grip Phone Mount Feedback....

N

Nvrgiveup

I'm trying to avoid buying a model-specific phone mount, and am leaning toward the "Large Size" X-Grip from RamMount. Has anyone used one of these on trails and does it secure the phone well? The way the phone lays in there, it seems as though it would work itself loose pretty quickly.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have 2 of them, one for my personal truck and one in my service Van that gets beat to hell. There solid and worth it. As for my P1 and Talon I dont have one, I put my phone in my pocket or in one of those canoe phone bags. Used a Ram phone mount for a few years since 16’ and got tired of the phone getting filthy as in dusty ,wet and muddy at times. Thats me, Im organized and dont like my sh!t like my phone destroyed lol

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have one on my talon. It’s clamped onto my intrusion bars.

the phone doesn’t work loose even though it doesn’t seem like it holds much. I put a gallon plastic bag over the mount and tucked it under the windshield a little. It was raining on and off and I drove through mud. Otherwise I just leave it in the open.

You can kind of see it in this screen shot.

52BF49D6 FF24 4736 8CC9 FD4377EA0CF9
389505E2 4C19 4831 99F7 D9EEC65D843D

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've had both the Ram mount and the cheapy knock off (sold on Am'). Both work well, but the cheapy has a built in 12v to 5 volt USB out - convenient. Just checked for the cheapy, gone . . . it was clearly a patent infringement on RAM's product, so looks like they went after them.

Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This Ram is what my friend was running and I liked it, so, I got one. It is a one hand use holder. The top of the phone goes in first and pushes up on the spring loaded top then set the bottom in and the phone is held in the spring loaded grabber. The side posts are adjustable for how wide your device is. It's a great mount.

IMG 0155

N

Nvrgiveup

This Ram is what my friend was running and I liked it, so, I got one. It is a one hand use holder. The top of the phone goes in first and pushes up on the spring loaded top then set the bottom in and the phone is held in the spring loaded grabber. The side posts are adjustable for how wide your device is. It's a great mount.

View attachment 340538
I looked at those also. The fact that it blocks the forward-facing camera lens is the only negative I see.

jenk61

jenk61

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2021
Southern Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the x-mount in large size. Never had the phone move once placed in the holder. If ordering again, I might get the x-large. Gotta pay close attention when placing it in holder to keep it off the buttons on the side. I found out that if you push them 5 times in a row it will call 911.😬

N

Nvrgiveup

I have the x-mount in large size. Never had the phone move once placed in the holder. If ordering again, I might get the x-large. Gotta pay close attention when placing it in holder to keep it off the buttons on the side. I found out that if you push them 5 times in a row it will call 911.😬
Shortly before I retired from my previous career, I was taking a break from working the road, and was giving the dispatcher a break. Some chick had inadvertently dialed 9-1-1 and she was in the middle of what sounded like an attempt to create a baby. I yelled for the dispatcher and we put the phone on speaker so we could "make 100% sure there wasn't a true emergency." There "may" be a cell phone recording of the incident floating around somewhere!
We hung up the phone after a few seconds and about a half hour later, the chick dials 9-1-1 again and apologized profusely for accidentally dialing it and had NO IDEA how or when it was done!

advertisement
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the extra large x mount that I hold my Samsung tablet with maps. It’s only fell out once after I hit a stump at speed. The tablet flew out the side and sank to the bottom of a mud puddle, it took me about 30 minutes to find it. Luckily I had a protective case on it and still use it to this day. I would still recommend it.

Y

Yakman

Mar 7, 2021
WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm trying to avoid buying a model-specific phone mount, and am leaning toward the "Large Size" X-Grip from RamMount. Has anyone used one of these on trails and does it secure the phone well? The way the phone lays in there, it seems as though it would work itself loose pretty quickly.
I'm using a cheap suction cup ram in my cup holder. I put a little 3M adhesive on it to make sure it stayed. My phone never falls out and is stable enough for me to follow trails on my GAIA app.

20220625 132400

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!