NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I want a quality set of ramps. I want at least 3,000 lb capacity, but I'd prefer 5,000. I would prefer them arched. I think I want to go 10'. Ideally they would be aluminum to save weight. Yes, I'm willing to pay a premium in terms of cash and moving around heavy ramps to keep things safe.

I would be using these for multiple types of loading.

First would be with my trailer. It is pretty low (knee high maybe) so completely overkill in length for that task. Second would be to load into the bed of the pickup (thread: The Green Monster) from the trailer deck. My plan would be to drive up my current ramps onto the trailer and then on up into the truck bed with the new ramps. Lastly and the reason for the overkill on the ramps is loading directly into the bed of the truck from the ground. For the record I have a plan for not just trusting the tailgate cables as well of course. :)

What am I loading? P500 right now is the heaviest thing I own that would be the primary use, but I would want to use them with a zero turn mower or small tractor in the future. If they cover those duties then the ATV's and dirt bikes and such are no big deal.

Looking for opinions and suggestions. Are my wish list specs way out of line? Do you have something you are using that you really like? Is using the trailer as a middle ground with two sets of ramps a reasonable expectation?

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I recently ordered these I have used them loading the 1000 on my flat bed and they have worked well. May make a long version as well dont know. Ultra-Tow Non-Folding Arched Aluminum Loading Ramp Set — 3000-Lb. Capacity, 90in.L | Northern Tool + Equipment

I appreciate the input and link. I like everything about them except the 7-1/2' length. I use 8' wood ramps (double as sides) that I made currently for my trailer. The truck bed is like belly button high or so on flat ground so going shorter seems like it would be very pucker inducing steep. No lift on the truck, but it still requires a tug on the steering wheel and a foot on the running board to climb in.

This photo is the truck backed up to a decent hill with 8' 1,500 lb arched ramps of my Uncle's. Not the best perspective granted, but better than nothing.
2018 05 20 09 01 17 528

This photo shows my trailer and my ramps in their pocket sides. The trailer is hooked to my Toyota Sienna minivan in the photo. The lip on the back of ramp 1" deep by 4" wide (give or take) catches over the back rail of the trailer. For the P500 I lay 2x4's over the stake legs (and drop a couple deck screws in so they don't move) to give me extra width (tailgate pockets are at the very corners along with one in the middle which keeps me from hooking the ramps in the ideal position for the P500 width.
2017 11 13 20 26 59 374

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!