GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I thought I would post a couple of picture of my new bench seat that I made, are children love it as it give them more cushion then the factory pads and they sit up higher and can see out better.

1014160837 1014160838a

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That is awesome! I'd like the details too.

Signature:

QUOTE by Tflynn, "The aftermarket doesn't build what you want? Show them your favorite finger and build it yourself!"

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm in for details as well. Is it easily removable? Details man details!!

Reactions: joeymt33
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
That is pretty sweet. Care to post the build details?

Went on Ebay and bought high density upholstery foam High Density [HASHTAG]#FoamTouch[/HASHTAG] Upholstery Foam size 6" X 24" X (41-49)" Custom Cut | eBay six inches thick for the bottom and two inch thick for the back, got the upholstery fabric from are local fabric store.
After a lot of measuring marking started cutting on the foam until it fit, on the center cut I used a skill saw with a regular wood blade in set to depth it cut nicely when there was plenty of foam on each side to support it when I cut the edges to depth on a angle it tried to take a bite I used a sharp hunting knife and a razor blade to cut on it, also a used a angle grinder with a sand paper flap wheel to trim on it but you had to be careful not let it grab it.
After that laid the foam on the back of the fabric marking it out with thee quarter inch extra to sew together them my wife set me up on her simplest sewing machine (She has almost as much money spent in her sewing closet as the Pioneer) and watch me frustrate my self :) she didn't help me sew anything but did rescue me a couple times when her machine quit sewing and sweetly reminded that I had previously said resetting a feed line that timed out was as easy as changing a bobbin. LOL

Reactions: PioneerPete
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I'm in for details as well. Is it easily removable? Details man details!!

The bottom pad is fitted and just sets in there with out moving around, the back I put Velcro on the top corners I don't no if that is going to last though I may had to think of something better.

Reactions: Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The bottom pad is fitted and just sets in there with out moving around, the back I put Velcro on the top corners I don't no if that is going to last though I may had to think of something better.
So the bottom of it is just a pad and not hard material like wood or plastic?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
very nice! I'd be a hero to my kids if I made something like this!
I'm sure you already are man. But....if we had some 1/2" square tubing for the frame, I bet we could make some.

Reactions: PioneerPete
advertisement
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
So the bottom of it is just a pad and not hard material like wood or plastic?

Yes the bottom is just a foam pad.

There is no rear roll cage, or seat belts this is primarily a farm use machine that being said by adding a notch in the rear of the cushion your seat belts should work fine.

N8theGR8

N8theGR8

Oct 3, 2019
Central Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
I thought I would post a couple of picture of my new bench seat that I made, are children love it as it give them more cushion then the factory pads and they sit up higher and can see out better.

View attachment 24794 View attachment 24795

Nice work man!! Nothin wrong with runnin a sewing machine, changes things up. Can make your clothes fit if your between sizes. My brother has an upholstery sewing machine, these are good lines man, 100%!!

Reactions: GPR1500SC

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!