Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yes, it looks identical to the Honda Powersports catalog bumper. I don't know if it's the same quality as the Honda bumper but it's cheaper, and will arrive on my front porch in a few days free of charge.

It won't be subjected to much abuse. I only drive my Pioneer on paved roads.
Should work for you then.
Im wondering if its the same just released by someone else? Honda at least with the pioneer, doesn't make there “genuine accessories” as the main reason they always got a bad wrap for there quality and fitment especially the gen I soft doors

Reactions: EMAW and Lady01
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I just put on this JEI last weekend and really like it. You will need his tailgate as well, but I wanted a heavier duty tailgate anyway. Hooked my lights into the backup harness the club store sells. Lights come on in reverse.

View attachment 269010
Wow! JEI is still around? Thats the first i heard of them in a very long time on here. I had one of there rear tire carriers, I wont go there on this thread. Always had good quality stuff and potential to be great. Its the customer service thats laking.
That looks good on your Machine. 👍

Reactions: EMAW and Lady01
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Should work for you then.
Im wondering if its the same just released by someone else? Honda at least with the pioneer, doesn't make there “genuine accessories” as the main reason they always got a bad wrap for there quality and fitment especially the gen I soft doors

I wonder also. It could simply be a bootleg copy.

Or, since Talons and Pioneers are manufacture (or simply assembled?) in SC the "OEM" Honda accessories could be manufactured locally (USA) by contract suppliers.

For my application I don't really care unless the paint peels off in six months and it rusts. I hope it's powder coated but might be disappointed.

I'll report my observations and opinions.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I wonder also. It could simply be a bootleg copy.

Or, since Talons and Pioneers are manufacture (or simply assembled?) in SC the "OEM" Honda accessories could be manufactured locally (USA) by contract suppliers.

For my application I don't really care unless the paint peels off in six months and it rusts. I hope it's powder coated but might be disappointed.

I'll report my observations and opinions.
I don’t think it has anything to do with rust cause you’re going to get that with anything other than powdercoat to a point. The question with that OEM bumper was durability meaning if it got hit or you hit something with it being structurally strong. The brackets would Bend and so forth. But I think in your application you’ll be just fine.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
That's good enough. I just want something to provide a little protection for the plastic dump bed and tailgate.

I'd prefer to sacrifice the $190 bumper instead of the tailgate or dump bed.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I browsed the Rocky Mountain ATV website today and saw a number of Honda Pioneer accessories that appear to be from the Honda Powersports Accessories catalog.

I think RM is able to sell Honda accessories. Their prices are better than Honda catalog MSRP.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Follow-Up to earlier comments:

As I reported previously I have been thinking about the need for a rear bumper and looking at the Honda Powersports Accessory bumper. I didn't want to pay full retail price or shipping so had hesitated.

A week or ten days ago I saw this on the Rocky Mountain ATV site:

I ordered it knowing it looked like the Honda item but I didn't know about quality.

I received it two days ago. It was shipped in the original Honda Powersports carton. I installed it this morning. It's the oem Honda part. Powdercoated as I hoped. It was simple and easy to install using Honda accessory instructions and fit perfectly.

It was considerably cheaper than the Honda catalolg price and shippping was free.

Stateboy

Stateboy

Lifetime Member
Apr 5, 2021
Wolverine, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

As I reported previously I have been thinking about the need for a rear bumper and looking at the Honda Powersports Accessory bumper. I didn't want to pay full retail price or shipping so had hesitated.

I ordered it knowing it looked like the Honda item but I didn't know about quality.

I received it two days ago. It was shipped in the original Honda Powersports carton. I installed it this morning. It's the oem Honda part. Powdercoated as I hoped. It was simple and easy to install using Honda accessory instructions and fit perfectly.

It was considerably cheaper than the Honda catalolg price and shippping was free.
Thanks for the follow up @HBarlow. That is the rear bumper I want to install on my 1000-5 when it gets here in late June. I can get 10% off the $224 (so $202) at the dealer and I think they install at no charge. However, I like tinkering. So, this appearing to be a straight forward install, I'll probably defer to my cheapskate side and save the near $20 after tax and install myself. It all depends on what projects my wife has for me at the time.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I wanted to support my dealer during these hard times but they're 150 miles away and would have had to charge me for shipping unless I waited until my buggy goes in for service.

Like you, I wanted to do it myself and save a few bucks.

Reactions: Lady01 and EMAW
Redhead10082

Redhead10082

Apr 30, 2021
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Usually build my own too! 🤙
The full seam welded one is for a 1000. I'd sell it if anyone close wants it. Plenty of room designed into it to mount any winch you desire. I built it out of boredom and experimenting. It came out ok, and it's not as heavy as it appears but for our riding style it overkill and then some. I just enjoy fabbing. Other was for our old 700-4.

View attachment 268958 View attachment 268959 View attachment 268960

The full seam welded one is for a 1000. I'd sell it if anyone close wants it. Plenty of room designed into it to mount any winch you desire. I built it out of boredom and experimenting. It came out ok, and it's not as heavy as it appears but for our riding style it overkill and then some. I just enjoy fabbing. Other was for our old 700-4.

View attachment 268958 View attachment 268959 View attachment 268960 View attachment 268961
I'd be interested in it. I'm in north Central MO.

Reactions: Lady01 and EMAW
Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3

I have had the Honda rear bumper on my P1K-3 for over 4 years and love it. Dumps with the bed and is out of the way. I don't beat on mine but the protection is there if needed. White ones are so much faster I don't have to worry about the rear bumper much!
IMG 2680

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have had the Honda rear bumper on my P1K-3 for over 4 years and love it. Dumps with the bed and is out of the way. I don't beat on mine but the protection is there if needed. White ones are so much faster I don't have to worry about the rear bumper much!
View attachment 269923
The white ones are so much faster than green but its not the fastest color;) So you still have to watch about the red ones🤣

xltman

xltman

Feb 1, 2017
US
Can you post a pic of their mounting bracket and location?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lady01
05Willys

05Willys

Apr 21, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I emailed JEI yesterday. They told me that they intend to design a mount soon for the P1K5 that will work with the OEM tailgate. If you are like me and like the bumper and not the tailgate, email them and see if we can get this done.

aleaddict

aleaddict

Lifetime Member
Jan 17, 2021
Eagle, ID
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can you post a pic of their mounting bracket and location?
Sorry for the late reply :/

No pics of the install but if you watch EMPs video its pretty much self explanatory. Needless to say, it was not as simple as they imply but very doable for the weekend DIY'r.

My biggest gripe are the self-taping screws. They should offer real nuts with a piece of welding/filler rod attached so you can locate the deep holes inside the frame. The mounting bracket is very stout and is supposed to be identical to the OEM bumper attachment. I rate this product 4.8/5 stars based on shipping, fitment and aesthetics. Function/form yet to be determined...

Reactions: Isaiah and Lady01
H

HerkEng

Mar 17, 2021
Sherwood, AR
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

View attachment 268958 View attachment 268959 View attachment 268960 View attachment 268961
Do you take orders for P1K rear bumpers?

Reactions: Lady01 and Isaiah

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!