BOX1

P700 Rear diff noise

D

Duke4nick

Sep 23, 2017
Pheba ms
Ownership

1. 700-4
I own a pioneer 700-4. Already had to replace drive shaft. Both rear axles have a lot of slack at the diff. Make a noise on rough terrain and when you stop. Anyone else have this problem.

Vato

Vato

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2015
I get clicking and clacking from the rear of my 700. Rear ends are locked and I think that is where some of the noise emanates from...but...I have not looked into it much but it is on the list. In the mean time I drive it.

Reactions: Mudwing
Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I get clicking and clacking from the rear of my 700. Rear ends are locked and I think that is where some of the noise emanates from...but...I have not looked into it much but it is on the list. In the mean time I drive it.
I was driving my brother in-laws new 2017 700 and noticed a "clicking and clacking" noise as well when coming to a stop. It was worse when applying the brakes harder. This seemed to be between 1st and 2nd gear. Also in a harder acceleration there is some vibration while the tranny is shifting from 1st to 2nd.Not being familiar with the machine looking for some more feedback. THANKS!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The rear end has square cut gears and a pinion brake so there’s a lot of noise associated with braking (engine or pedal).

Reactions: Cyberjunk
Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The rear end has square cut gears and a pinion brake so there’s a lot of noise associated with braking (engine or pedal).
Thanks for the feedback. The more I've read on this it looks like there's no need for concern.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I used to get chatter very badly from the rear brakes that sounded like the rear end was coming apart. They went away after the shoes wore some.

Reactions: Rambo
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm at about 450 miles and the noise has gone down significantly. Or I'm just getting used to it!

Cyberjunk

Cyberjunk

Berserker
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2017
Crane Hill Alabama
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 700-4
Mine was the same before a few miles on it, I thought the rear end was put together wrong. After a time it quite down and figured the gear mesh worn in . Do remember to change your diff oil after break in to remover the metal particulate from the break in . There is brake chatter but that is inherent in the design, Just drive it and turn up the AC/DC !

Reactions: ohanacreek
Dogjudge

Dogjudge

Interesting, I plowed my first major snow yesterday, 15" here is lovely NW PA. Lake Effect ya know!!!!! But any ways, when backing up I am hearing clicking noise. Never had that before and this baby is VERY spoiled so nothing rough has happened to her. Stored outdoors under cover and covered up though. He never went away??????? Ran great but I am concerned about that noise. Rear Diff?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!