P1000 Rear Differential Whine

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've complained on and off about the our new 1000 rear end howling/whining. They have a relatively straight cut on the gears, so it's no surprise they are noisy...

Today I drained out the lube and replaced it with Lucas 85w/140 and noticed a marked improvement. It still aint silent by any means, but it did improve.

It was bugging the shirt out'a me and I do feel a bit better now.

scaffoldmatt

scaffoldmatt

May 20, 2017
georgia
Ownership

1. 500
I've complained on and off about the our new 1000 rear end howling/whining. They have a relatively straight cut on the gears, so it's no surprise they are noisy...

Today I drained out the lube and replaced it with Lucas 85w/140 and noticed a marked improvement. It still aint silent by any means, but it did improve.

It was bugging the shirt out'a me and I do feel a bit better now.
I've got a 2016 Pioneer 500 and the transmission makes a clanking sound at slow speeds. Any suggestions?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I've got a 2016 Pioneer 500 and the transmission makes a clanking sound at slow speeds. Any suggestions?
Only when shifting correct? If constantly something is amiss.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!