Rear right wheel squealing at low speed

J

Jodyvaughn1963

Nov 21, 2020
Radford, VA
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I thought it might just be some material between the brake pad and the rotor but it's not sounding like that now it only does it at a very low speed and it is super annoying I hate the sound of it I have repeatedly tried to clean it and it's still squeals

H

HondaTech

Sure its in the wheel?

I've had the input seal on the rear differential make a loud squealing noise. Try spraying some lube in behind the coupler. You may have to have the differential removed and lube that seal instead.

I've never had one come back after greasing or lubeing the seal.

J

Jodyvaughn1963

Nov 21, 2020
Radford, VA
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Sure its in the wheel?

I've had the input seal on the rear differential make a loud squealing noise. Try spraying some lube in behind the coupler. You may have to have the differential removed and lube that seal instead.

I've never had one come back after greasing or lubeing the seal.

J

Jodyvaughn1963

Nov 21, 2020
Radford, VA
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Are you talkin about the rubber coupler the rubber coupler in the picture

H

HondaTech

Are you talkin about the rubber coupler the rubber coupler in the picture

The metal couple thats sitting up against the diff, there is a seal behind it that is usually the cause of the noise. Ive only ever removed it and greased the seal. But a couple of the guys I work with have sprayed some lube between it and the diff while rolling the wheels and gotten it to stop making noise.

F

featherking

Mar 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X4
The metal couple thats sitting up against the diff, there is a seal behind it that is usually the cause of the noise. Ive only ever removed it and greased the seal. But a couple of the guys I work with have sprayed some lube between it and the diff while rolling the wheels and gotten it to stop making noise.
I just had a sound start from this area. What type of lube would you suggest? Dry Lube Spray?

I was also going to check around the wheel, maybe the brake indicator tab. Cant quite locate the sound yet

1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you checked your brake pads? They all have scratcher sensors on them?? Just like your car. When they get low on material a metal tab scratches the rotor making an annoying sound.

F

featherking

Mar 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Have you checked your brake pads? They all have scratcher sensors on them?? Just like your car. When they get low on material a metal tab scratches the rotor making an annoying sound.
Still out riding today, but that will be the first thing I check. It sounds like that wear indicator or maybe something else caught in there.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!