P1000 Rear seats

Hawkeye

Hawkeye

Sep 9, 2017
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No seat cushion, kolpin pad, and two seat cushions. I know what's more comfortable to my eyes. Wife say kolpin pad height made all the difference for legs comfort.
YMMV...

Hawkeye

IMG 1012 IMG 1013 IMG 1014

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hawkeye

Hawkeye

Sep 9, 2017
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes that's the all black version same pad mines camo on top instead of all black..
yep that's what I was thinking turning back seat into a bench pad with this getting three across for some EZ grandkids rides.

Hawkeye

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Yes that's the all black version same pad mines camo on top instead of all black..
yep that's what I was thinking turning back seat into a bench pad with this getting three across for some EZ grandkids rides.

Hawkeye
Thanks again, found the pads are sold by Home Depot for $47 free shipping. That's a bargain for comfort.

https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...ahUKEwjZiteYj7_WAhUFJMAKHbCZB8IQwg8IJg&adurl=

Right now my grandkids are all booster, car seat sized but one, but they will soon grow.

C

Calhoun

Apr 14, 2016
Michigan
I'm going to drive an x4 when I see one at the dealer... looks awesome!
I would definitely ride the wolverine X4 first. A buddy of mine had a chance to ride it at a demo day and he said its by far the nicest machine he's been in for a 4 seater. The front seats and back seats are the same, Just as much room in the back as the front. You also sit higher in the back which would be a plus for kids. He also stated he's never been in a quieter SXS. I'm in the same boat, on paper the Honda clearly looks like a winner, but I want some seat time in the wolverine before I make my decision. One more thing if you plan on a cab, he said the cab on the wolverine was top notch.

S

Sulli

Dec 12, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How comfortable are the rear seats on the 5? I'm still deciding on a crew sxs and really want to stay with Honda. I'm also looking at the new Yamaha wolverine x4, and teryx 4. My p500 is awesome and I will keep it....
The rear seats are ok if you are not on bumpy terrain and riding hard. If you are they will destroy your kidneys because they are directly over the rear shocks.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
C

campfire

Aug 22, 2017
wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I didn't read all the posts, so sorry if I repeat others, but here is my story.

My first ride in the back seat was a disaster. I am 5'9", 180 lbs. My legs cramped up so bad after 20 miles that I could not walk straight. And, the cramps did not go away for a long time. I almost regretted the purchase of the 1000-5. Then, I put on my thinking cap. I put two boat cushions on each seat and PROBLEM SOLVED!! The cushions raise your behind and now the back seats are so comfortable you would think you're riding in a Cadillac!

Reactions: sargenthp
Sparkyknowsbest

Sparkyknowsbest

Apr 20, 2016
Henderson NV
How comfortable are the rear seats on the 5? I'm still deciding on a crew sxs and really want to stay with Honda. I'm also looking at the new Yamaha wolverine x4, and teryx 4. My p500 is awesome and I will keep it....

Sparkyknowsbest

Sparkyknowsbest

Apr 20, 2016
Henderson NV
The back seats are best if you add a cushion like the one in the photo I am posting. They are from wal mart, memory foam, and were about $50 a set of 2 as I recall. Priceless on long rides. There is adequate knee room though your knees will extend above your hips without a cushion when you are seated and can be a bit cramping on long rides. Also - my riders often complain of no "foot space" when riding in the back jump seats. I would suggest it is best used for kids, or adults on shorter jaunts.

Reactions: JACKAL
C

cc1999

Feb 5, 2016
KS/OK
We spent 3 days trail riding in Colorado last summer with the pair 1000-5 I bought last year.
We had 5 passengers in one of them, and 4 passengers in the other, the only seat that was generating much complaint was the center front seat because gets mighty warm setting on top of the motor. The rear seats don't look all that comfortable, but really are not all that bad. The seating position is really pretty decent. Most of the time it was kids in the back but occasionally an adult got back there just to try it. The whole machine was really pretty impressive for its size and comfort.

We were spending all day in them traveling rocky mountain jeep trails. I was impressed overall at the comfort!

W

WildAggie

Jan 10, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
We have a 700-4, which is similar, or maybe a bit smaller, in the back seats than a 1000-5. I am 46 years old, 5'2", and not skinny. I ride in the back all the time. It's comfortable for me. My son also rides back there. He is 14 years old, 5'10", and 195 pounds. It's not uncomfortable for him either. For all day rides on Colorado mountain jeep trails, I used a boat throw cushion. It was plenty comfortable for me, and my son when he would sit in the back. I saw the cushions that go all the way across, and they look comfortable. But, if you want to keep one seat down for gear to go on top, that won't work. I think the throw cushions make the seats just the right height. Even for small kids, you probably want the cushions to raise the kids up to be able to see.

R

Rooster31

Aug 2, 2017
Chesterland, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My kids are 9 and 7. When I take their friends for a ride they fight over who will ride in the front. The seat belts dig in to them. I kindly remind them to suck it up or watch from afar.

Reactions: lee
A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I'm 5' 10" 300lbs the back is comfortable I put a folded blanket on the center hump to keep heat off my leg until my comfort kit arrives and gets installed. I will buy one of those cushions to sit higher and extra padding can't hurt.

Reactions: JACKAL

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!