P500 Rear suspension sag at full payload?

C2Corvette1

C2Corvette1

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2023
Texas
Ownership

1. 520
Not going to be running at max payload but will be adding slightly heavy rear bumper, 90 lbs of dog, and 2 passengers for most daily use. Does the suspension sag a lot under static load? Thanks. 2022 520 on the way.

Reactions: Smitty335
Y

Yomama101

Feb 6, 2022
Mesa AZ
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 520
Not going to be running at max payload but will be adding slightly heavy rear bumper, 90 lbs of dog, and 2 passengers for most daily use. Does the suspension sag a lot under static load? Thanks. 2022 520 on the way.
Our 2022 520 barely sagged/moved with the wife, myself and around 50lbs of "stuff" behind us in the bed with stock suspension. I noticed it a lot more with the Elka shocks. Slight sag as you get in and load stuff. 😁Lower spring rate I assume. Still working on the "Tuning" of the shocks for the load-out and the trail.

Last edited:
crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Hi,

I had to load 400 pounds of cement bags to get the suspension to sag 2 inches. I have Elka stage 1 shocks though. I've also had more than that with mulch in the back, and it didn't sag any more than that. I've also did an experiment with water softener salt.

I know that doesn't sound like much, but you have to remember that the suspension travel is only 5.9". I believe a proper suspension sag setup should be roughly 20-30%. Let's use some numbers that are pretty easy to work with.

500/520 suspension travel is roughly 6"
25% of 6 is 1.5"
Sag of weight from a full load is another 2"

That leaves you roughly 2.5" of upward travel.

I actually think I have a thread on my suspension tuning from last year that might be a good read for you.

Rob

Last edited:
crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Here is the info I have compiled on the suspension. Like I mentioned earlier, I have Elka shocks so the stock will be a bit different.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!