WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Before n After pics. 1 1/2" Super ATV spacers-rear only.

I'll report after I do the "Ride n Drive"

I'm running yamaha rims - +1" backspace

WB

IMG 1932 IMG 1934 IMG 1936 IMG 1937 IMG 1940 IMG 1941 IMG 1943 IMG 1945

Last edited:
WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Vid from first outing with the Rear Spacers. Lovell Canyon-Red Rock Trail - Pahrump Nevada.

They made a VERY noticeable difference. I was able to take a lot more liberties on this ride.

A short vid of rocky section - a P1000 first them Sneaker on a line picked to fit the shorter wheelbase. Then a Group Parade - 2 Hondas, a Polaris, and 2 Can Ams.

Obligitory Sunset

I think I got this right but did it in a hurry.

WB

IMG 1754

Last edited:
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Links are just taking me to YouTube.

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
@DG Rider

I should come down for a ride or two with ya' either before or after the summer heat. I'm in a Cyclone toy hauler (self contained-no hookups needed) so I would need pointing at a dispersed camp spot where you want to ride. Any interest in this?

WB

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Did they make the ride softer?

Yes DG Rider, they did make a noticeable difference. Well worth the $45 or so. Only took 20 minutes to install using air tools and a floor jack. I would definitely do it again. I'm currently running 4.5 psi front 5.5 psi rear-that also helps with the ride. The improvement on tippyness was worth it all by itself though. I'm definitely going to replace wheels with a 2" backspace/5' frontspace rim set on all four corners. That will add another four inches of wheelbase width and another big improvement in ride quality. I'll be at "55 inches overall on all four corners and will run 28" x 11" Bighorn 2.0 all the way around.

WB

Reactions: DG Rider
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Yes DG Rider, they did make a noticeable difference. Well worth the $45 or so. Only took 20 minutes to install using air tools and a floor jack. I would definitely do it again. I'm currently running 4.5 psi front 5.5 psi rear-that also helps with the ride. The improvement on tippyness was worth it all by itself though. I'm definitely going to replace wheels with a 2" backspace/5' frontspace rim set on all four corners. That will add another four inches of wheelbase width and another big improvement in ride quality. I'll be at "55 inches overall on all four corners and will run 28" x 11" Bighorn 2.0 all the way around.

WB

I think those are going to rub? I have 26 x 11 2.0's on the front with 5+2's. Had 1" spacers on and it rubbed, had to take the spacers off.

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
I think those are going to rub? I have 26 x 11 2.0's on the front with 5+2's. Had 1" spacers on and it rubbed, had to take the spacers off.

@trigger...I'm going to try 2+5's. Same numbers but swapped the offset positions. I will cut things for clearance if I have to. LOL.

WB

advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
@trigger...I'm going to try 2+5's. Same numbers but swapped the offset positions. I will cut things for clearance if I have to. LOL.

WB

I see, thought it may have been a type O on the offset. 28's are still going to be a squeeze though. I wanted to go with those as well but after taking some measurements...keep us in the loop Bill.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Looks much more stable. Nice to see all the tires spinning now. You liking it all?

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Looks much more stable. Nice to see all the tires spinning now. You liking it all?

The locker made a different machine out of it like you n I knew it would (THEY ALWAYS DO). I definitely get more liberties with the spacer addition. Just makes me sure I'm poking out the wheels even more when I get these 25" BH 2.0s worn down a bit more. down to around 50% already. Sneaker is approaching 3000 miles now. Had to replace the controller for the sound bar today. A switch went bad. No charge for the part - three year warranty since it was purchased at Amazo. - who knew? - I didn't. Yea Boss Audio - yea CP for suggesting that sound bar. The guys I rode with last weekend said they were BLOWN AWAY at what a P500 could do. (Their words not mine)

WB

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The locker made a different machine out of it like you n I knew it would (THEY ALWAYS DO). I definitely get more liberties with the spacer addition. Just makes me sure I'm poking out the wheels even more when I get these 25" BH 2.0s worn down a bit more. down to around 50% already. Sneaker is approaching 3000 miles now. Had to replace the controller for the sound bar today. A switch went bad. No charge for the part - three year warranty since it was purchased at Amazo. - who knew? - I didn't. Yea Boss Audio - yea CP for suggesting that sound bar. The guys I rode with last weekend said they were BLOWN AWAY at what a P500 could do. (Their words not mine)

WB
Very cool! I wasn’t aware of that Amazon deal, how’d you go about warranty?

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Very cool! I wasn’t aware of that Amazon deal, how’d you go about warranty?
Just called on phone. I though it was out of warranty (bought 10/17) and the guy in (India I think) told me about the extra 2 years on the warranty. So Instead of me paying $35 for the controller shipped - they sent it for free after I emailed a pic of Invoice and plug style at the sound bar. Easy Peasy! And not just Amazon... I think it's applicable for all their Major distributors. But they only extend one time. No second chance.

WB

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
@DG Rider

I should come down for a ride or two with ya' either before or after the summer heat. I'm in a Cyclone toy hauler (self contained-no hookups needed) so I would need pointing at a dispersed camp spot where you want to ride. Any interest in this?

WB
Sorry...missed this Bill.
Yeah...I'd be interested in a ride with ya. Are you still in Gold Canyon?
Since coming back to AZ, I've only ridden over in Florence junction/box canyon area. We may have to wait until after the heat at this point. Was pretty warm over there last Saturday.

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Since coming back to AZ, I've only ridden over in Florence junction/box canyon area. We may have to wait until after the heat at this point. Was pretty warm over there last Saturday.
Have you tried seven springs/sheeps crossing? its a nice ride

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV

I was in Gold Canyon area last winter's end. Did you see the Montana Vid on my channel? (Channel = WillyBill Rides) I live just north of Salt Lake City. LOL. The whole idea is to come where it's warmer when it's cold up here. BTW...it's snow here right now!!! No joke. We are from Florida so our idea of hot is a bit different from other folks.

WB

advertisement