Rear window

Pirate88

Pirate88

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2023
Southern Colorado
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
So, I'm in the process of converting my Talon 1000X-4 to a two seat machine.

I have installed the Tusk rear seat cargo plates. I've designed and ordered an aluminum cargo box that will fit just fine.
I have the Honda S&B Particle Separator, So I can't use a Talon rear window.

So I'm wondering, do you make a windshield that will fit behind the front seats? Mounting to the center roll bar tube and the
cross tube behind the two front seats?

Thanks,
Pirate

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Screw the S&B, get a 10-80 Dirt Sports Pre-Filter, and then use a proper rear window.
This^^^^
Most of us that had the S&B early on figured out they don't work very well, I switched to the 10-80 kit and have been on the same filter for 2 years, still looks new.

Pirate88

Pirate88

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2023
Southern Colorado
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Oh well, in the Polaris General world the S&B Particle Separator is the way to go. They work great. But I never had one.
When buying the Talon, Wife said "choose the accessories you want and have the dealer install them."
One that I chose was the Particle Separator, "PS" from here out.
So, it's installed and I'll go with it.
Photos, OK, here we go:
Here is a photo of the Particle Separator after getting home from the first ride. Yup, picked it up from the Dealer at 6PM Saturday night, left for two weeks riding in Utah on Monday morning. Note that the PS is mounted hanging down from the roll cage tube.
Surprisingly, it doesn't interfere with my rear view mirror.

Spoke with the folks at S&B, they told me to put a rear windshield in, I would need 3 to 4 inches between the glass and front of the PS for it to work correctly. That won't work. I wanted the PS up high and tight to the roll cage. So, I moved the PS up and back some. Within the range of adjustment.

That's better. Plus I got it centered.
But then there's that tube, diagonally across the rear. That doesn't look good!

The flex tube that came with the kit is 28 inches long. Using a tape to estimate, it looks like a 36 inch tube
would be better.
Contacted S&B, for $30 they shipped me a 53" length of tubing. Just like cutting dryer hose. The rubber end
fittings slide on and off pretty easily. I cut the tubing to a length of 38", on the advice of Wife. Installed the end
fittings and worked it in so that the tube is out of the way and there is no circumference reduction anywhere
along the length.
Voila! Looking much better me thinks!

And so, the next step was searching for a rear window that will fit behind the Driver and Passenger seats!
Pirate

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
You can't be the only guy with an S&B plus a rear window? Fab up a mount to move it back 'a bit'.

I know a guy with a love/hate relationship with his S&B, sometimes it's installed, sometimes it's on a shelf in the shop. When it's off, he has his prefilter mounted where the stock intake airchamber used to live with an access door cut in the bed.

Pirate88

Pirate88

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2023
Southern Colorado
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Being that I'm in the process of turning my X-4 into a two seat Talon...I'd like to have a divider, windshield if you will, behind the front seat.
Doing so will hopefully keep dust out of the "cab".
If I have to, yes, I can draw it up in Inventor, cut a template out of 17ga steel, clamp the template to a piece of Lexan, cut around that with the RotoZip saw...and install it.
But I'd rather just buy one.
Pirate

Reactions: Smitty335 and CID
advertisement
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
You're probably looking for something that doesn't exist @Pirate88. Can't say there's going to much of an aftermarket demand for a rear windshield that fits in between the front and rear seats of a vehicle that's pretty much specifically designed for four people. I'm not saying there won't' be folks who do what you're doing (I know of one other), but the market for such a part would likely be very limited.

Reactions: Smitty335
SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
So, I'm in the process of converting my Talon 1000X-4 to a two seat machine.

I have installed the Tusk rear seat cargo plates. I've designed and ordered an aluminum cargo box that will fit just fine.
I have the Honda S&B Particle Separator, So I can't use a Talon rear window.

So I'm wondering, do you make a windshield that will fit behind the front seats? Mounting to the center roll bar tube and the
cross tube behind the two front seats?

Thanks,
Pirate
Hey @Pirate88 ! Good to hear from you buddy.

And no, we never made anything like that. And I wouldn't have anything that would have been test fitted to that area either. Interesting idea though!

Reactions: Scoop