P700 Recommended Tools?

VTbarn1

VTbarn1

Nov 9, 2020
Vermont
Ownership

1. 700-2
For all you experienced guys, I am planning to put together a tool trail kit but only want to carry the specific sizes/tools needed for my 700-2. I have all the safety/survival gear, now it's just the tools. What would you recommend?

And I am thinking of putting them in a roll up canvas bag to minimize storage space. Or is a hard case better?

Thanks, vtbarn.

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
carry what ever you need to fix your buddies polaris. No seriously I typically carry a metric socket set and some wrenches but with 4500 miles on my 700 I have not had to use them once on my machine. I think my air compressor and tire plugs get used more so make sure you cover those bases too. I know some guys carry a lot more tool than I but we don't ride that hard so we just have not had the need.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I carry tire plugs, compressor, first aid kit, duct tape, wrenches screwdrivers, tip ties, tie wire, clean rags, tow straps and a few more items. I have everything in a bag that I strap in the bed. Future items that I would like to carry are a 12V pump sprayer and Noco battery jump starter. 😎

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
A small tool kit that has all the sockets and wrenches and screwdrivers I could ever possibly need along with Zipties, ratchet straps, air compressor, first aid, wet wipes, tire plugs and slime.

VTbarn1

VTbarn1

Nov 9, 2020
Vermont
Ownership

1. 700-2
A small tool kit that has all the sockets and wrenches and screwdrivers I could ever possibly need along with Zipties, ratchet straps, air compressor, first aid, wet wipes, tire plugs and slime.
Thanks. I think that I have everything covered except for the sockets and wrenches, and any specialty tools. It's my understanding that the majority of the socket sizes used are 10, 11 and 17 mm. Is that correct? May I ask what the wet wipes are for?

Vtbarn

Reactions: Backwoods
livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks. I think that I have everything covered except for the sockets and wrenches, and any specialty tools. It's my understanding that the majority of the socket sizes used are 10, 11 and 17 mm. Is that correct? May I ask what the wet wipes are for?

Vtbarn

That's about right on the socket sizes. Wet wipes are great in summer for wiping grime off neck and ears and forehead etc and anytime of year for wiping your butt in a roadside emergency :eek:

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!