Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Image The trees are budding and Spring is well underway. Recent rains have the creeks flowing nicely. Image Image Image Image

Last edited:
cthack

cthack

Aug 17, 2015
Texarkana, Arkansas
Reactions: markie
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Nice! Maybe this summer I will be able to meet you up there and cruise some trails with you guys. Beautiful country!
Yes ct, that would be very nice. And, if you've got good riding near the Texarkana area, we can come down there too.

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Its nice to see greenery and a nice day for riding. I am looking at another 2 inches of fresh snow today.

cthack

cthack

Aug 17, 2015
Texarkana, Arkansas
Monte, I noticed that the Yellow Jacket is running stock tires. Has he been able to traverse everything as your machine with the tire upgrade? Do you see a lot of difference with the type terrain and riding style that you two encounter?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Monte, I noticed that the Yellow Jacket is running stock tires. Has he been able to traverse everything as your machine with the tire upgrade? Do you see a lot of difference with the type terrain and riding style that you two encounter?
So my buddy has been running around this division of the Ouachita's his entire life, he's from Sims. Therefore he's almost always in the lead, and we tend to go where he can go. On many of the old abandoned logging trails, earthen burms have been pushed up at the entrances (to block vehicle traffic). Negotiating those is where his lack of clearance comes into play mostly. However, last weekend I took the lead on an ancient trail, having to cut my way through in places with the chainsaw and the trail crossed back and forth over the same small creek four times. At each crossing we had to rearrange the rocks (essentially build him a bridge) to cross, while I crossed them all the way they were. Also, we aren't always in the same gear anymore as we use to be.

cthack

cthack

Aug 17, 2015
Texarkana, Arkansas
So my buddy has been running around this division of the Ouachita's his entire life, he's from Sims. Therefore he's almost always in the lead, and we tend to go where he can go. On many of the old abandoned logging trails, earthen burms have been pushed up at the entrances (to block vehicle traffic). Negotiating those is where his lack of clearance comes into play mostly. However, last weekend I took the lead on an ancient trail, having to cut my way through in places with the chainsaw and the trail crossed back and forth over the same small creek four times. At each crossing we had to rearrange the rocks (essentially build him a bridge) to cross, while I crossed them all the way they were. Also, we aren't always in the same gear anymore as we use to be.
Thanks Monte! I like the look of your setup. I will most likely wait till I get some wear on my tires before I upgrade. I have spent enough money for the time being.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!