Replacing Mud lites

M

Mypioneer

Jan 1, 2015
Arnaudville LA
I have 53 miles on my P5 and I decided to replace my ITP 26" mud lites. For mud I think they work really well but I try to avoid deep mud if possible. I purchased a set of GBC Mongrels, 27" tires and will have them installed in a few days. Will have pics of them soon and reviews.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I like GBC tires.
You will like them too. It sounds more what you want. A good all around tire.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have GBC dirt Devils they have a VERY spaced out tread and it's also tall tread so they ride a little rough on pavement but in the dirt and mud I could not be happier I go in 2wd where it used to take 4wd, and with 4lock .... I haven't used my winch since I put them on.

M

Mypioneer

Jan 1, 2015
Arnaudville LA
ohanacreek said:
I have GBC dirt Devils they have a VERY spaced out tread and it's also tall tread so they ride a little rough on pavement but in the dirt and mud I could not be happier I go in 2wd where it used to take 4wd, and with 4lock .... I haven't used my winch since I put them on.
The dirt Devils look nice a friend has some on his Rancher. I think the GBC Mongrel will be good enough for me. They will be mounted tomorrow on a set of factory wheels. I may keep my ITP mudlites for mud only if I cannot get a good sale price for them.

M

Mypioneer

Jan 1, 2015
Arnaudville LA
New Mongrels are mounted and they look great. Only rode for a short while but it rides a whole lot better then before, even turns easier. I measured the ITP mudlites off the P5 with 10lbs and they measured 25.5", they are 26" tires. I measured the mongrels with same air pressure not mounted and they measured 27" exactly, 27" tire. Tires were on cement and measured with level and tape measure.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    672.8 KB · Views: 719
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    592.2 KB · Views: 714
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 732
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    873 KB · Views: 745
M

McKay59AB

Aug 20, 2014
N.Central Washington
Picked up a new P5 yesterday and I think the GBC Kanita Mongrel is a great match for my mix of roads and trail use. I see that you mounted your Mongrels on the stock rims. Did you put 9.00s in the front and 11.00's in the rear? Looking forward to your review.

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
I believe the mongrels are what I'm going with when I change. I think they will be easier on the lawn when I'm not on the trail. Let us know how self cleaning they are because they won't be of much use if the mud builds up and sticks to the tires.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!