P500 Reverse lever bypass for Pioneer 520

Y

Yankeezone

May 3, 2021
United states
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hello, I know there is a bypass hack to eliminate the reverse lever on the Pioneer 500.

After looking at the 520 setup, it doesn't look the same as the 500 to me. Anyone do the reverse bypass on the Pioneer 520? Any tricks to share or info if you have done this bypass/hack? thank you.

Reactions: TxDoc
rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
I did it on my 520 and it works the same...

Reactions: Mudder and futzin
Y

Yankeezone

May 3, 2021
United states
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
ok thanks for the information. so you loosen the front nut (locking) and then spin the back nut to the firewall? then tighten the locking nut? does that sound about right?

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
ok thanks for the information. so you loosen the front nut (locking) and then spin the back nut to the firewall? then tighten the locking nut? does that sound about right?
Ya that sounds about right...its really simple you might be overthinking it

wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
I followed those same instructions on my P520 and it worked fine. If I can do it, anybody can do it. So it must be easy.

I hated that stupid reverse lever. I have no idea why its even there.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!