Ride camera help

MontanaBighorn

MontanaBighorn

May 9, 2016
Billings, MT
CarryGuide.com
FB IMG 1591576968016

My German Shepherd Dora rides with so much enthusiasm that I want to capture her reactions and behavior on video while trailblazing. My objective is to mount a camera (or two cameras) on the front bumper and capture both rear and front views simultaneously, and I want to be able to view the sync'd video(s) simultaneously on a split screen.
I already have a Samsung 360 camera that records good 360 degree video, but when used in 360 degree mode, it captures the video in a stupid spherical shape. And to view both front and rear, you have to drag the video left and right. Using standard mode on front or rear produces very clear standard rectangular video, but the standard app doesn't allow simultaneous capture from both cameras unless you're in 360 degree capture mode, and that makes the dumb looking spherical video that you have to drag back and forth to change views. It also lacks the option of split screen sync'd video.
I could mount multiple GoPros and record both forward and rear views, but my GoPro software doesn't offer video syncing, control syncing, or split view of both cameras to view a sync'd video.
So, what's the best way to accomplish what I want?
Thanks,

Reactions: TxDoc
TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dora is beautiful. Very majestic. Dogs are better than lying, thieving, backstabbing people. Can't wait to see her on patrol.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
@ohanacreek don't you have two Virbs hooked up?

Reactions: Remington
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@ohanacreek don't you have two Virbs hooked up?

You could go the two camera router or you could buy the VIRB 360 it has a camera on the front and back. The price would be about the same but you would only need one waterproof housing and power point

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
View attachment 207249
Thank you, sincerely! Dora is the one sitting in the middle. She makes every ride an adventure. 😍
I’ve said it before about your dogs, beautiful!
didn’t know u had a black Shepard!
there Awsome! I had a male all black Shepard named Zeus before my two black labs. He was a BA pooch.

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!