TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've never had a Go Pro or a mount for a phone as a camera.

One of my neighbors has a couple of Pioneer 1000-6s for their horse ranch and farm.

They want something to mount their phone on, like to the windshield, and video. I know people walk around with their phone on a gimble and it's steady.

I don't know if they have something like that for a solid mound.

And, I don't have any experience with a Go Pro.

Does anyone video as they drive around with their cell phone?

Or, can you suggest what to search and read about?

They are not without knowledge of technology and can learn. This is just an unknown area, to them, as with me.

They want to video with their grandkids for mom and dad, for the grandkids to see what they are doing when they aren't there, etc.

Thanks

Sent from my motorola edge plus 2023 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Buggyman
Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2

One of my neighbors has a couple of Pioneer 1000-6s for their horse ranch and farm.

They want something to mount their phone on, like to the windshield, and video. I know people walk around with their phone on a gimble and it's steady.

They are not without knowledge of technology and can learn. This is just an unknown area, to them, as with me.

They want to video with their grandkids for mom and dad, for the grandkids to see what they are doing when they aren't there, etc.

Thanks

Check out these people. good quality and lots of options. RAM® Mounts | Best Phone, Tablet and Laptop Mounts for Cars and Trucks

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'm another RAM fan, they have something for everything. I have no idea if cell phones have image stabilization but it's an important part of good video. Go Pros do have it. I also don't know if a gimble will make up for the lack of IS.

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm another RAM fan, they have something for everything. I have no idea if cell phones have image stabilization but it's an important part of good video. Go Pros do have it. I also don't know if a gimble will make up for the lack of IS.
Thanks CID
YES my she has the same phone as me and they have stabilization and constant horizon setting that lets you completed turn the phone in a 360 spin and be held steady.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

Thanks

Ram mounts are good and Quad lock is even better for what they are doing

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do y'all think you can use a phone to make as good a video as Go Pro? Why are Go Pro banners m cameras so prevalent in YouTube videos?

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do y'all think you can use a phone to make as good a video as Go Pro? Why are Go Pro banners m cameras so prevalent in YouTube videos?

GoPro’s were the original main stream “action camera”. They still are the first that comes to most people’s minds even if they don’t know what an action camera or gimbal is. They market themselves well. I still have my GoPro 5 or 6 (don’t remember off the top of my head). I’d use it over my iPhone predominantly because I don’t want to subject the much more expensive iPhone to the dirt, mud, grime, etc. The GoPro goes in a $10 sort of “indestructible” case (note the sort of). If it gets smacked with a branch and ran over in the mud. It’s likely the camera itself survives. Drop it in a new plastic enclosure case and you’ve got reasonable quality video again.

Garmin Virb’s were popular for a while too. Now there are probably more knock offs of them all than you can possibly count. Probably a fair number of them far cheaper than the latest GoPro that would be good enough to show Mom and Dad what the kiddos did with Grandma and Grandpa on the SxS.

My two cents for what it’s worth.

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Here is my setup.
phone: Samsung S22 Ultra
mount:
and
Phone mount2
and the test around the hayfield
Their laughing made that a ride I will never forget. 🤣
Have a good day

Last edited:
TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
GoPro’s were the original main stream “action camera”. They still are the first that comes to most people’s minds even if they don’t know what an action camera or gimbal is. They market themselves well. I still have my GoPro 5 or 6 (don’t remember off the top of my head). I’d use it over my iPhone predominantly because I don’t want to subject the much more expensive iPhone to the dirt, mud, grime, etc. The GoPro goes in a $10 sort of “indestructible” case (note the sort of). If it gets smacked with a branch and ran over in the mud. It’s likely the camera itself survives. Drop it in a new plastic enclosure case and you’ve got reasonable quality video again.

Garmin Virb’s were popular for a while too. Now there are probably more knock offs of them all than you can possibly count. Probably a fair number of them far cheaper than the latest GoPro that would be good enough to show Mom and Dad what the kiddos did with Grandma and Grandpa on the SxS.

My two cents for what it’s worth.
Wow, NTCPrezJB ! That was very helpful. Like continuing education

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!