BOX1

Ride Royal Blue MAP INFO - POI's, Unmarked trails, Shortcuts. Pioneer Takeover!

N

netbypass

Jan 3, 2016
Tennessee
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have GPX files of the trails at Ride Royal Blue for Motion X? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: sharp
GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
BEST P5 route to the RBB campground from the Comfort Inn? I'll be there around 10am in the morning

Reactions: DGann and markie
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
BEST P5 route to the RBB campground from the Comfort Inn? I'll be there around 10am in the morning
From Comfort Inn turn right go under I75, at Shell station turn left go up gravel road that is trail 12. Take 12 to junction of 12/10/7 trails. Turn left onto trail 10 and stay on it bypassing trails 8 then 14 that will be off to your right, the next trail will be trail 11. You can take 10 all the way to Stinking creek road then turn right and 4 miles blacktop to RRB.

OR you can turn right on trail 11 taking it downhill all the way to a T with Trail 13. Turn left on 13, cross the creek and follow the trail / road to a T. That is also Stinking creek road, turn right and take it 2 miles to RRB campgrounds.

Reactions: DGann
KyRick

KyRick

Apr 23, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did any of you guys ride much on blacktop? And if so did you have any trouble with law enforcement? In particular any issues with not wearing helmets? I didn't get to make the takeover had to work, but we have a group going this Friday thru Sunday. The law states all must wear helmets on county roads but many locals tell me they wont bother you if you aren't doing anything stupid.

Reactions: DGann and Ragnar406
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did any of you guys ride much on blacktop? And if so did you have any trouble with law enforcement? In particular any issues with not wearing helmets? I didn't get to make the takeover had to work, but we have a group going this Friday thru Sunday. The law states all must wear helmets on county roads but many locals tell me they wont bother you if you aren't doing anything stupid.
let @Cuoutdoors - explain his experience

It was good but i'll let him tell it first hand

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Uh oh.....

We only passed one unmarked, there at the interstate at 141 and he didn’t even check up. There was also a game warden that pulled in next to us at the Pilot and didn’t look our way either.

Reactions: Cuoutdoors
KyRick

KyRick

Apr 23, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't even own a helmet.....I guess that's fixin to change.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Uh oh.....

We only passed one unmarked, there at the interstate at 141 and he didn’t even check up. There was also a game warden that pulled in next to us at the Pilot and didn’t look our way either.
We were all at the church at the end of trail 2. A cop circled through and smiled and waived. I was contemplating the road back and honestly wasn't sure what to do. I wasn't 100% sure of all the laws. I decided to go for it, mind my manners, and see what happened. I didn't have a helmet but did wear my seat belt.

It's about 3/4 of a mile from the church into Lafayette. Then it's an 8 mile ride down the main drag out to the interstate. A few blocks down the main drag I ran into the cop again and he just waved as I passed. I also passed a group of about 6 razors stopped at a gas station. Didn't look like they had helmets.

I made the trip through town without incident and crossed over the interstate then took old highway 63 up to stinking Creek road and back to camp.

Like ohana said as well as others, don't be an idiot and you'll be fine. Follow the law, don't interfere with traffic, just be cool.

I also made several trips to the gas station via roads and did not have any issues.

I think if local law enforcement were out to get people we would have seen a much different environment but that simply wasn't the case. They have a good thing going there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We were all at the church at the end of trail 2. A cop circled through and smiled and waived. I was contemplating the road back and honestly wasn't sure what to do. I wasn't 100% sure of all the laws. I decided to go for it, mind my manners, and see what happened. I didn't have a helmet but did wear my seat belt.

It's about 3/4 of a mile from the church into Lafayette. Then it's an 8 mile ride down the main drag out to the interstate. A few blocks down the main drag I ran into the cop again and he just waved as I passed. I also passed a group of about 6 razors stopped at a gas station. Didn't look like they had helmets.

I made the trip through town without incident and crossed over the interstate then took old highway 63 up to stinking Creek road and back to camp.

Like ohana said as well as others, don't be an idiot and you'll be fine. Follow the law, don't interfere with traffic, just be cool.

I also made several trips to the gas station via roads and did not have any issues.

I think if local law enforcement were out to get people we would have seen a much different environment but that simply wasn't the case. They have a good thing going there.

WOW... That's a long drive back from the church off 2.
Ya, don't be stupid, stay off the interstate and main hyw if you can and you will be fine. If stoped, apologize, play dumb, and ask for best directions back.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Lol yea it's a solid 30-40 minute trip by road. I only went that way because I knew it was the only way to get back in time for events at camp.
But yes I always take that approach. Be nice, play dumb, and ask for help. It will get you a long ways.
Ya, don't be stupid, stay off the interstate and main hyw if you can and you will be fine. If stoped, apologize, play dumb, and ask for best directions back.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Yea but I recall we drove back from the Church on 2 Wednesday night and took the long way. I think we left the church at like 11. It wasn't bad. We made it home before sunrise. :)

Reactions: Hondasxs
B

Byrdman

May 21, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My wife and I rode with helmets on around 75. The other two in our group did not, only their kids had helmets. We didnt have any issues either.

Reactions: sharp
The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
TCM just posted an update to their file for anyone looking for the latest update.

S

Shelly

Lifetime Member
May 10, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Some Pioneer Takeover, Ride Royal Blue Trail Map Info and POI's

Full map with several POI's
POI's

• Waterfall near trail 3.
  • Waterfall off trail 8 (must walk 300ft)
  • Top of world above trail 30.
  • Cafe on 21.
  • Boulders on 31.
  • Waterfall top of 37.
  • Elk Viewing tower (must hike to it)
View attachment 160004

View attachment 38358

FRIDAY NIGHT PATH TO TOP OF WORLD!
Trail Path: From RRB Trail 27, Left to19, R30, (Top of World) Stop and chill a bit, Continue on 30, R28, R29, R13, R19, L27 back to RRB.
View attachment 38357

Some COOL Cave & Boulders!

Boulders you drive in between. And a Cave.
Trail is not too difficult. Several spots a beginner may need help spotting.
Mud holes if you want to get stuck.
Trail 20 is a good trail. I recommend this path if you are lookign for good ride.
Starting at lower 19 (not shown). (will retake pic to show)
20 Up, 31 down, 21 up, 20 down.

View attachment 38356

Trail 26 By-Pass and unmarked roads.
Trail 2 is a very nice ride. But to the unknown, you have to go up trail 26. The first 1/2 of 26 is experienced riders only. It is a large mountain climb with several challenging switchbacks and hill climbs.
BUT... There is a gravel road bypass.
BYPASS
- Once at end of #2 & bottom #26 you will see a white church. Continue on out and to the left. You will see a gravel road. That will take you to the 1/2 way point on 26 and will bypass the difficult sections. Rest of 26 is easy.
23 & 13 are NOT a dead ends, It is just a road not part of the system. You can see the added roads.

View attachment 38355
As a first time attendee I really appreciate you putting these together and sharing the detailed information. Super helpful!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!