Ride today through Royal Blue mountain trails.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
They are good. Ive had mine almost a year now and they have held up well. Only issue ive had is the mounting bracket. I got hung on a rock and when i backed up the c shaped bracket bent and let the slider move forward about 2 inches. I plan on putting in some rivnuts to remedy that happening again
I had a similar experience, but I pushed the driver side back. I removed it and straightened the clamps and reinstalled.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I had a similar experience, but I pushed the driver side back. I removed it and straightened the clamps and reinstalled.

That's one of the reasons I prefer the 1/2"thick UHMW it distributes pressure to avoid bending the buttery outside tubes. The trail armor version I had on my 2016 literally got ripped off riding Tackett Creek, I only found one side but the side tubes really got bent after that. The design of the FUTV skids is different, the main section is only one piece instead of 3 like trail armor. For the rocky terrain and sliding properties of UHMW vs. The galling tendencies of aluminum on rocks, as well as quieter ( no dings from gravel pinging off aluminum) and snow & mud won't freeze to UHMW like aluminum. That's worth the $900 to me vs. an inferior material for a particular use.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Where all the snow fell above us in elevation shown by pictures in first post, we are really getting it today. Gonna hafta play after a bit up to 5" is forecast, over half that now. After living in a place for 15 years that had to drive 3 hrs to ride anywhere, I truly appreciate how fortunate I am living here in TN with 240,000 acres and 1200 miles of trails right off my driveway. But I looked for 5 years to find this kind of location before retirement.

20180116 111553
20180116 111624
20180116 111633

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
One more thing @JACKAL, I checked the Tie rod bolts Saturday am before unloading. I put at least 2 full turns on the Tie rod nut on the driver side. Maybe 3/4 turn on passenger side. Ordered castle nuts yesterday!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
One more thing @JACKAL, I checked the Tie rod bolts Saturday am before unloading. I put at least 2 full turns on the Tie rod nut on the driver side. Maybe 3/4 turn on passenger side. Ordered castle nuts yesterday!

Yeah, I've got 130 miles on it now, need to look things over real good. So far everything has been perfect.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!